I have been heard, in the gym where I do my workout about some dead lifting. What is exactly dead lifting and is there any special technique of performing? Why do builders often hurt themselves in this exercise? What is wrong with dead lifting? What are the benefits and risk with performing this exercise?

The Deadlift is a weight training exercise. It is an excellent exercise for overall body development if done properly. The deadlift is a complex movement that works all of the major and big part of the minor muscles especially in the abdomen and lower body. There is couple of variation of same exercise but the base is common.

This is very hard way of lifting weights because weights are heavy. It is something that needs years of training to get yourself into the shape so you can lift this heavy weight and not hurt yourself.

This is one of the standard weight training exercises and it is characteristic because all repetitions begin with dead weight. In some other weight lifting exercises it is custom to lower and increase the weight.

Some claim that dead lifting is a true test of strength. Also this weight lifting exercise involves more than one group of muscles.

Deadlifts can be performed using dumbbells or barbells and sometimes both hands and both legs are involved and sometimes not. Variations are limited to the one who is performing the exercise.