Hi, I have been going to the gym for more than a year. My regular routine has become a little bit boring and I would like to change it. I have been talking to some guys at the gym who say that if I want to achieve great results I should workout everyday and concentrate on each muscle group separately. I would appreciate if someone could tell me if this chest routine I have composed is any good? I was thinking of combining bench presses, dumbbell presses and dips for my chest routine.

Hi, the exercises you are thinking of putting in your chest routine are the basics of chest workout. This kind of combination will surely give you results. However, you shouldn't only do the flat bench and dumbbell presses since this way you are working the whole chest area. You should also try to include the incline and decline bench and dumbbell presses in your chest routine. These exercises are designed to develop the upper and lower chest muscles individually. If you are not sure how to incorporate these exercises in your chest routine, you should talk to a professional trainer about it.