Hi, few weeks ago I have started going to the gym. I was never a sporty type and this is all new to me. I understand the exercises and am very keen on sticking with the routine. But, there is one thing that worries me. It is my workout edurance. It takes me very little time to get tired. There is a guy at the gym that has started to workout at the same time as me, but can do much more exercises than me. Why is my workout edurance so low?

Hi, like any other beginning, starting out in the gym can be difficult. It is quite normal for you to get easily tired, since you never worked out before. You shouldn't compare your endurance with someone else because every person is very different when it comes to this matter. And who knows, maybe this guy has worked out before but isn’t telling you that. Regardless to this, there are ways for your workout endurance to improve. First of all, as your exercise you will naturally get more strength and endurance. Secondly, if you really want to boost your endurance, you shouldn’t rely solely on weight lifting. You should talk to your trainer about some kind of cardio workout. Cardio exercises will help you improve your lung capacity which is very important for your endurance. When you are able to inhale more oxygen, you will be able to work out harder. Also, with the help of cardio exercises, your overall circulation will improve which is a great thing because this way the muscles get more blood and nutrition. And when they get more nutrition, they will be able to do more work.