Hi, I have a question about squats exercises. I am not a fan of these exercises and I try to avoid them as much as possible. I don't feel comfortable doing the squats and I feel I don't have to do them. But, the trainer at the gym says that squats are very important for my workout and that I am wrong to avoid them this way. So my question is: why are squats so important?

Hi, squats are really very important part of the weight lifting workout. This exercise is called the king of all exercises for a reason. It is true that when you do the squats, you might injure your spine or your knees, but this only happens if you are not doing the exercise correctly. When it is done properly, the squat will only benefit you. The squats are not only working your quadriceps, but also a number of others muscles in your body. You shouldn't avoid the squats, but try to learn to do them correctly. Once your trainer teaches you the proper way of doing a squat, you will be able to feel all of its benefits. But, have in mind that you are a beginner when it comes to squats, so use less weight, if any, at the start. I hope this answers your question.