My dad has some problem with his gall bladder and he in fact has a gall bladder full of stones and he needs to remove it. And that is ok but I need some info about liver and gall bladder for I am curious what liver has to do with those gall bladder stones and how these two organs are connected. And does that thing that my dad despite the fact that he has gall bladder problem might be having some liver disease for he is scheduled tomorrow to have liver function test so I would like to hear what is this liver and gall bladder about. Thanks!

That is for sure that liver and gall bladder are connected my dad had the same problem and he got removed his gall bladder and it was laparoscopy surgery and I remember he was out of the hospital the day after. Anyway liver and gall bladder are connected with ducts and it is in liver where some bile substance is being produced and it goes into the gall bladder helping metabolizing fatty foods and then it goes into intestines. Anyway when something is wrong with this substance I think that some stones might be formed so anyway this liver function test should provide some further info about bile producing so practically this is an very important blood test that would show what exactly liver and gall bladder this is about.