My doctor told me it’s not recommended taking glucose tolerance test, but he should confirm his doubt for hypoglycemia diagnosis. That’s why he gave me 100 grams of glucose solution. He measured the blood glucose values every hour. He needed some curve, to check my results. I would like to know why he was doing that, which are right values for normal blood sugar?

If he measured glucose with GTT in your blood after 2 hour, that was for diagnosing diabetes. Six hour GTT test might also diagnose diabetes plus hypoglycemia, because the symptoms of hypoglycemia occur after the 5th hour. Twenty five percent of the population will also show in GTT a blood glucose content of less then 50mg/dl or 2.8mmol/l. This will not show us any other symptoms of hypoglycemia. That’s why for diagnosing a person as hypoglycemic, not only the blood glucose values are important. Person must experience the symptoms of hypoglycemia in the course of the test. If you felt severe symptoms, like psychotic or neurotic behavior, that is absolutely normal because they might occur during test. That’s why I hope your GTT was carried out in hospital. Not to forget that your symptoms are just as important as the actual GTT curve.