I have been at about 5.5 mmol on my A1c which is really good, right?  But it seems like I have more hypoglycema symptoms than ever before.  I don't know if this is a good thing.  I wanted to know if this is a common thing or what.  Doesn't people without diabetes run in the 5s for their A1c ... they don't experience hypoglycemia right?  So if I am running a good A1c, I shouldnt be haivng them either?  I am confused by the whole thing.  Will someone englighten me?

What type of hypoglycemic symptoms are you having?  You may think they are symptoms of hypoglycemia, but the symptoms could be of another health issue.  Many people think they are having a hypo when they are having disorientation and heart palpitations where they were having an anxiety attack instead.  Blurry vision or sweats could also be related to anxiety or panic attacks.  Have you taken your blood sugar when you have had these problems come up?  It would be interesting to see if you are having actual hypos or not.  I would suggest you keep track of your blood glucose when these episodes happen again.  If you are having actual hypos, you need to talk to your doctor about it.  I don’t know if you are on medication or insulin, but they may need to be adjusted or you may not need them any longer if you are experiencing hypoglycemia frequently.  On the other hand, if you are having the symptoms you described and they are not hypos, you should tell your physician about them.  It could be an underlying health problem that needs attention.  It is better to have it checked out before it becomes a bigger health crisis.  I hope the doctor finds out why you are having these symptoms and you are treated for them successfully.

Not sure if you will see this months later, but...
I have this too. I have morning highs after evening normals: go to bed @ 5.7, wake up at 7.9. I get low blood sugar symptoms a few times a week, and I got one today and (now that I have a glucometer) I tested and I was only at 5.5 but having crazy racing heart, sweating, weak, lightheaded, confused, irritable! Just an hour before I was at 7.3, so I think maybe it was a fast drop that caused my symptoms OR (why I am currently researching this and how I found your post) maybe I get symptoms at a 5.5 vs. <4.8, or maybe I have an over-reaction to the adrenaline that is released or ... I dunno :) Did you find any answers? ...ps, I have had panic attacks and can differentiate the difference in myself between those and low blood sugar. ...my recent A1c was 6.0, but the 2 before that were 5.8 and 6.4