Hello, everyone... I hope everyone is having a good day.  I have type 2 diabetes. and it is pretty well controlled by everything I do like exercise, eating the carbs I am suppose to eat. I take insulin as well so I think I am doing everything alright.  I am wondering if I am having false hypos?  Do you know what that is?  I have these symptoms of hypoglycemia but when I take my blood sugar, it is within normal limits??  It is kinda weird to say the least.  So what is causing these low blood sugar readings? 

Hello, Guest.  What type of symptoms are you having with the "false" hypos? I am assuming you are having lethargy, hunger, disorientation, and other types of signs? It could mean something else is going on if you are having these types of symptoms.  Or your meter or test strips are inaccurate.  It would be a good idea to check the test strips and see if they are the culprits.  Do this as soon as possible because if you are having true hypoglycemic episodes, then you want to know!  Have you done any control tests on your testing strips?  You should do this immediately.  If they are faulty, replace them.  If this isn't the problem, you will need to see a doctor about your symptoms of hypoglycemia. There could be issues with your thyroid or heart, so you will want to have some tests done to either rule these out or in.  This is important to do so that you are not putting your health at risk.

Has anyone else have any problems with hypoglycemic-like symptoms that wasn't actually hypoglycemia?  What did it end up being for the diagnosis and what did the doctor do to treat it?  Share your story about your experience in hypoglycemic-like symptoms and how you dealt with it.