Hi, I had the gallbladder removed but the pain persists. Is it possible that I was misdiagnosed and that I suffer from some other condition?

Hi, I suppose that you had a gallbladder stone removed, and you still feel the pain. You shouldn’t be experiencing biliary colic, so it must be pain from some other origin. If there is the cystic duct obstruction, the gallbladder can become inflamed. This condition is called cholecystitis, an acute inflammation and infection of the gallbladder. The stones are mostly removed surgically. Maybe, you are just too sensitive in that region of the abdomen, as you had an operation lately, so you will be better very soon.

If you have had every gastro intestinal test known to man and they are are fine, check out a Colo Rectal Surgeon.

I had laparoscopic gall bladder surgery 2 years ago.
The pain never went away and only got worse.
Had 2 exploratory surgeries that made things even worse.
Now I have a diagnosis:
It is either Cecal Bascule (cecum flips up on itself) or Cecal Volvulus (cecum and right intestine twised).
It took me 2 long years of pain to finally be directed to a Colo-Rectal Surgeon.
If one is prone to a MOBILE CECUM, abdominal surgeries can cause these nightmarish conditions.

My advice - see a Colo-rectal Surgeon ASAP to rule out these possible problems. They will not go away with time or drugs - only specialized surgery will help.

NO ONE and NO WEBSITE ever mentions this problem - you must know what it is, before you can find out more about it, and it's more common than anyone realizes.

I now have some hope I might get my life back and can stop thinking of suicide.

Good Luck.