i have been on the depo shot for 11 months, and have had no bleeding or spotting. i am due for my next one in 4 days which will make it a year for me being on the shot. yesterday i had unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend and it never occured to me until now that i might have a chance of becoming pregnant if it is that close to the next shot? today i noticed spotting and im beginning to get worried as i have never spotted before a shot before! what are the chances? im not going to continue on my next shot because it is a horrible form of contraception with bad side effects(bloating, weight gain etc) so im going to change and go on the pill. i am so excited to get off the shot because i have seen so many horror stories! i have anxiety problems anyway and when i went on the shot it increased dramatically and i am so happy to be getting off it! 

You shouldn't be.. But maybe a check with a doctor would be a good idea as nothing is 100%!