Hi everyone. My friend has problems with hip. I went to a doctor with him but they detected problem very easily. After that, I wanted to know what are the steps necessary for physical therapy for hip dislocation. How can examination and observation be helpful? Thank you in advance for your time.

Like in any other job, doctors have their 'secrets' which are not familiar to us, ordinary people. That’s why physician can diagnose the dislocation simply, only by looking at the position of the leg. By using X-rays he can be sure that he’s right cause X-rays will show whether there are any additional fractures in the hip or thighbone. It means that physician should examine the patient carefully for other bony injuries. Knee examination is also important thing every doctor should do and it has to be performed on all patients with hip dislocations. If the patient has no other complications, the physician will give an anesthetic or a sedative to a patient and manipulate the bones back into their proper position. Simple observation and palpation for bony deformity, skin color, and temperature provides clues to the vascular status of the leg and they are very important for further treatment.