please help, a year ago i was in a car accident and amoung other things received a deep bone bruise on the right clavicle from my seatbelt, i was xrayed and no fracture was found.
although the bruising went away i was left with a large bone like lump mid bone, apart from an occasionaly dull ache it seemed fine but about five weeks ago it started to become more painful for no obvious reason and looked a little bigger, then about three weeks ago i noticed the sternum end seemed to have moved down and slightly out, it just looked wrong and it hurt when i moved my right arm or looked to my left and the lump was was definatly bigger.
the aches constant and i started getting occasional stabbing pains, two weeks ago the sternum end started to swell, its also bone like and is now as big as the other lump.
im on antinflammitories due to other injuries from the accident and their having no effect on the swelling or pain, the aches a lot worse like a realy bad toothe ache and the sharp pain is now often and debilitating, it radiates up my neck, down into my breast and throughout my shoulder, im very tender under my right armpit as well but it doesnt feel swollen.
i've seen an out of hours doctor for the pain who gave me dihydracodeine and told me to see my own GP, my own doctor has gave me co codamol and reluctantly put me down for an xray which he says could take a couple of weeks to fit me in but otherwise doesnt realy seem that interested, but im realy worried, please could you give me any information or ideas as to what it might be, i'd be realy greatful, thankyou.

It could be costocondritis an inflammation of the chest wall, if you look up this name it will have ideas on how to help. I was also in a car accident in 2007, and still suffer with occasional pain, it does get better. I find massaging my sternum helps too.