I noticed recently that some of my fingers has gone numb but it was because of a patch of hardness on that numb area i think. Currently I have these patches on almost all of the finger pads on my hands except my pinky but it is affecting my right index and thumb pads the most. Just tonight I realized there is a swollen bumb of about 1cm in diameter of skin on my left ring finger pad (near the side), the middle is normally colored but the edges are sort of red forming something like a ring around the bump. Currently none of my fingers are peeling but I think they might soon seeing other people's posts. I have never experienced this before. Does anyone have a idea what this might be?

Have you tried searching it on yahoo answers? Have you seen a docter? Have you told anyone? You should do all of these things before you post something on here unless your scared and don't want to tell anyone ...well i can't really help you in this section but I know that you should see a docter  ASAP 

I have the same on one thumb for about 3 years and had no luck with my Dr...looks like scleroderma by researching it. Pretty scary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scleroderma#Treatment