Hi, I was operated two weeks ago, my uterus was taken out. I decided just for uterus, because I didn’t want my ovaries to be taken out as well. I am steel recovering from this surgery, physically and psychically. I feel strange, empty, and I don’t know if I will ever be able to have sex again and to enjoy it. Is there anyone else having the uterus taken out?

Hi, it is normal to feel strange when you loose such an important part of your body. My mother had hysterectomy on Wednesday, and she’s not feeling any better, believe me. She had to take her uterus out, because of fibroid. It caused her cause bleeding and pain, and she was anemic because of it. Her condition was getting worse, because her fibroid was becoming bigger and bigger, so she had to take her uterus out. There was a possibility to take cervix out along with the uterus, but a total hysterectomy was too risky for my mother, so they decided for the supracervical one, and took out just the uterus. Now, she suffers from constipation, because she didn’t know that women usually take a laxative before this surgery. Some doctors recommend it, and some don’t.