Hi, I have a problem. I was diagnosed with uterus cancer, and I have a total hysterectomy on Monday. I am so scared, I don’t know how to deal with it. Does anyone have a similar experience, and patients to tell me something about it?

Hello, I had hysterectomy two years ago. At the time, I was 32 years old, and anemic because of the constant bleeding. I didn’t have a total hysterectomy, but supracervical one. They removed my uterus but saved the cervix, because it helps support the pelvic. It also helped me maintain a full sexual sensation. I was so scared, I barely found some courage to do it. I did a vaginal hysterectomy, because my fear of abdominal hysterectomy was huge. I am just too afraid of a knife. I recommend you to take a laxative the day before surgery, because many patients have constipation later, if they have a hysterectomy with stool inside them.

Hi there,

I am writing in hopes that we can go through this together. My Hyst. isn't until August 19. I have done nothing but inter net since I found out last friday. Like you, I go from one emotion to the other. First I am ok with it all. I have had heavy periods that have left me weak, bloated, with mood swings. I am a mess. Then I have moments of shear terror. Where I think I should cancel the whole thing and just live the way I am now. I have done it for so long.....Right?

But I have to tell you. I came upon these message boards by accident. I landed on the board about how you lose weight after your hysterectomy. The people posting on there were so positive. (of course thier surgery is over) and upbeat, I have desided to hang around here for a while. I was posting on another web sight for hyst. people. They go on and on and on and on about things. They tend to consentrate on the pain post-op. I am sure it's not a walk in the park. But I need some encouragement.
So write back when you can.
Norma