Hi, I will have hysterectomy in couple of days, and I’m really scared. I don’t know what to expect before and after the surgery. Is there anyone undergoing hysterectomy too?

Hi, I will have hysterectomy in one week, because I have a fibroid that causes a heavy bleeding. I was losing so much blood, that I became anemic. This is a non-cancerous growth, but the only solution is hysterectomy. My fibroid grew just under the endometrium, and my menstruations are much heavier than before. I still don’t know if I’m going to have a partial or total hysterectomy. It would be much better if I had partial, to keep st least some of my reproductive organs. However, whatever doctor decides about this hysterectomy, it’s fine by me. I hope both of us will have a successful recovery, without any complications .

Hi ladies, I have had nightmares over waiting for this hyst op as I have to have open surgery due to my uterus being enlarged and hugh fibroids yes i look 9 months pregnant and hate it. reading ur posts have gave me a great deal of relief to hear everyone has lost weight rather than gained it. Thank you so much to u all and WELL DONE!. my op is 17th april 2012 still scared but not as much. I'll be back to let u all know the outcome. Thanks again Ladies x