Hi, I want to know something about narcissism. I mean is it for real? I have heard about it in fairytales or in legends, but does it really exists. I know this boy who is possessed by himself. His favorite theme is his life and his look. I am interested in him. If he is really narcissistic is he ever aware of his need for attention?

Regrettably it is not just imaginary condition, it is very real. Narcissistic personal disorder is characterized by extreme focus on oneself, grandiose sense of self-importance, person is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, brilliance, beauty etc. Those people are very hard to except so they often finish on their own. There are opinions that this disorder is kind of defensive personality structure as response to abuse or trauma. They are aware of its condition only in some extreme emotional situations like divorce, bankruptcy, death of someone close or near death experience. I would not recommend you to go in relationship with him; it can be very emotionally painful.