im 21 and for the last 2 months ive been experencing a lot of tingling in my hands and feet, along with a sort of dizziness thats hard to describe. These two symptoms seem to come and go but i have a lot of back pain and pain in my abdomin. I also wake up with a killer headache every monring, it almost feels like my head is going to explode. Ive had an abdominal ultrasounds done to check my liver, kidneys, gall bladder, apendix and just about everything in there. Ive also had countless blood tests to check for infection, diabetes, anemia etc. My doctor wants to send me to a gastrointerologist for the abdominal pain, and seems less conserned about my other symptoms. but i am woried about the dizziness and tingling that i have been experenceing. are these all connected and could this be something neurological?? this is getting a little scary because no one has been able to give me any answers. if anyone has any suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

Hi

Have you seen a neurologist or a cardiologist? It seems that their consideration of your symptoms would be more specific. A family doctor is great, but I'm not sure that they could be experts in every area of our very complicated bodies. Some of your symptoms, although in different areas, could be related. For example, a circulatory system problem with one of your great vessels like the aorta could cause back pain and abdominal pain, although it would seem so. This would be a very serious problem, especially when you consider the dizziness and the tingling in the hands. If your doctor does not suggest this, then you should insist. It could only help. Sometimes medical professionals are less likely to consider serious problems with people of your young age so you need to be proactive, and ask the right questions. Ask to see a specialist as I advised earlier in this message. If you get to someone now for help, they can probably prevent long-term problems that can result from not getting care now, especially regarding your circulatory system.

Hello! I felt compelled to respond to your post because I am going through the exact same things. I am 25, so I'm not much older. My sypmtoms sound pretty much identical. I went to a gastroenterologist and had a whole bunch of tests ran and the only thing they could find was my gallbladder was not releasing enough bile (they did a hida scan for this and trust me, you do NOT want one of these done), so they are taking it out (its more of an elective thing because they said there was a 70% chance my stomach would feel better), I also requested my appendix come out because frankly, I think it's a ticking time bomb, so they are takin it all out on tues. Anyways, at the beginning of this week my fingers started tingling... Its mostly my pinky and ring finger, but its spreading very slowly and its far worse on my left hand than my right. I live in iowa and its cold here so when my fingers are cold the tingling feels like it lessens somewhat, but hot (ecspecially water) makes them far worse. Since cold was making it feel a lil better I figured I'd go to my chiropractor. I explained everything to him and he said something about an ulnar nerve in the elbow, but he also stated that I am presenting classic signs of MS, but then he asked if I drink soda and I told him that I drink dt mt dew (quite more than whats normal and/or necessary) and he told me that apspartame toxicity can mimic the symptoms of MS. I have had previous bouts of severe dizziness and the "tingly fingers" have happened twice. The first time, they did every test imaginable... Mri, ct scan, blood work, spinal tap, etc... Everything came back normal, so this last time, I chose to wait it out and save my money because they couldn't figure it out last time. Once my fingers started feeling funny I mentioned it to my mom and she reminded me that it has happened before, so after speaking with my chiropractor, I googled MS and aspartame toxicity. It turns out that a lot of things have the same symptoms, but there are homeopathic things you can take to help, so before I go and waste money, I am going to try those and rule out other things so I can be well informed and tell my dr. I am trying hard to stay away from foods with aspartame (aka phelaynaline [sp?]), taking vitamin B complex (B12, B6, etc... Because vitamin B deficiencies can cause the tingling and dizziness among other things). I am also going to try star flower oil and a multivitamin with extra vit d and calcium. It is best to get as many of the homeopathic meds as you can in tinctures (basically liquid form ((u mix with h2o)) because it works better with your body). As for the headaches, you could just be sleeping wrong, I would go to a chiropractor, that's what I do when I get killer headaches and he fixes me right up. I know I sound like a hippie with all this all natural stuff, but I've already done rounds with the drs once and its frustrating and stressful and costly, so I am going to try this because its def not going to hurt me and will make me more healthy. I have some other things I am going to try, so if you would like to know, just let me know... And if you do find anything out let me know because it sounds like we are in the same boat. I hope this helps and feel better soon and if you want to talk more, feel free to email me...

Feel better and I hope this helps somewhat to ease your mind and as for the MS part, don't freak cuz you haven't been diagnosed yet and even if we are dx with it, it is not a death sentence anymore with all the advances in medicine (look at montel williams...he's had it forever and is doin well)

Hey, I think your symptoms might be be due to some kind of mental health illness, like panic disorder or depression.
The symptoms are very common and they are the last thing the Doctor asks about because they don't tend to want to "upset" patients.
I have the same symptoms and even more, and I was referred to a psychiatrist after going to the ER because I had a panic attack :(

Anyways, good luck and let me know how it goes for you.

The things your explaining sound like panic attack , i suffer with them alot but when i get mine i get all what your saying and i find it hard to breath and that , goto your doctor ans ask him about panic attacks.

other thn that are you eating properly ? not enough food ca cause all these symtoms :/

I'm not a doctor but my mother had similar symptoms and took her several years to try to figure out what was wrong. She ended up after numerous doctors being told to take an allergy test. She found out she is allergic to wheat and eggs with diticulitis. Since she has figured out that it was just a food allergy that was overlooked she has been doing better.

check vitamins like D and also magnesium.

am 44 having the same exact stuff happening to me now. if you find something out or i lets share the info. thanks Mark