I fracture my right clavicle in the middle in a motorcycle accident. I’ve been to 3 different doctors and they all tell me to wait they put me in this stupid sling and now 7 weeks later they tell me the bones are healing one on top of another. I know that’s bad I really don’t know what to do. It hurts and I can barely sleep. Help!!!

1.5 years ago I had a rare surgery to finally repair my non union clavicle fracture from 4 years ago. Apparently, it supplies blood flow to the non union site to aid healing. There normally isn't a whole lot of blood flow going to the mid clavicle anyway and I have what they call soft tissue insufficiency. The hope was that the lack of blood flow was the reason for it not healing. So they took the pec. muscle, split it in half and take the flap and wrap it around the clavicle, securing it with the plate and screws. It hasn't worked for me; it does seem radical, but maybe worthwhile for some of you.

I was 25 yrs old ,I fell when i was out drinking one night, I woke to find my left shoulder was swollen & it was very painful, so i went to the hospital , had an x-ray, the docter said iv got a fractured left clavicle & sign me off work for 3 weeks with a sling , then i went back to hospital for another x-ray.They sign me off for another 6weeks with a sling, went back 6 weeks later .My consultant said i needed to stay in hospital over night in three wks for a internal fixation,where they cutted part of my pevis out, stuck it into my left clavicle with a metal plate and a load off screws to keep it all togeather, The pain felt like it went on for-ever but went. I have to stay in a sling for 3 months , have to go back to hospital for x-rays evry 3 weeks ,done my execises, went back to work,went to the gym ,got my left shoulder built up, 7 months later i went back to hospital ,had the metal plate N screws took out, the relief of pain at night and the stiff painful feelings have gone after all that. You can see a big lump on my shoulder , I got no feeling around the left shoulder,it feels all numb,and a really big scar, part from that every thing is normal, the consultant done a great job, it was fixed in taunton musgrove hospital in the uk, and im very greatful, 12.02.07