I'M A 37 YEAR OLD MALE, I BELIEVE I'M PHYSICALLY FIT AND I'M TYPICALLY VERY CALM. FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS I HAVE BEEN HAVING SLEEPLESS AND RESTLESS NIGHTS WITH HEART PALPITATIONS, I'VE NOTICED THAT I'VE LOST ABOUT 10LBS IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS, I BURP ALL DAY LONG (EVER AFTER HOURS OF HAVING HAD EATEN), I'VE LOST MY APETITE AND COMPLETELY AT AN UNEASE STAGE. RECENTLY I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH HAVING H-PILORY BACTERIA OF WHICH I TOOK THE 2 WEEK PREVAC TREATMENT. THE CARDIOLOGIST SAYS THAT MY HEART IS FINE, BUT I FEEL DEEP DOWN INSIDE THAT THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING REALLY WRONG. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT. THANKS.

Hello did anyone reply to this below? My brother is having the same symptoms and I'd like to know if anyone has any information on this. The only difference is that my brother is 39 years old. If you have any information on this can you please post it. Thank you!!!

Did anyone reply to this? my brother has the same exact thing and I"m trying to help him out... please let me know - thanks, Isabela

I have the same experience, minus the H Pylori. Talk to your doctor and exhaust all possible scenarios. Consider other possible triggers---medications, supplements, stress---even your weight and activities.
You might want to try and see if have a Hiatal Hernia as it may cause palpitations in some cases.

Hope this helps, and do Update us with your progress.

Guest wrote:

newone wrote:

Hi All,

Im 21/M and have had similar problems to below. A month ago i was playing football when i got heart palputations and felt really weird, I got taken to hospital by ambulance and told my heart is fine i had a few ECG's and blood tests and still they have said im fine(Fit as an OX)

Im starting to wonder if its all in my head as I still feel ill from time to time now feeling sick and weak and even getting numbness in my hands.

Im under a lot of stress at work and ow a fair bit of money (Loans and credit cards) Could this be the cause?

If anyone has any help for me it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Not to discourage you but I have had these symptoms for 10 years now, have been seen by doctors at every major hospital and clinic in KS, MO, and AZ including the Mayo Clinic and have met with complete incredulity and lack of initiative from all doctors, including several electro physiologists. THEY DON'T KNOW and have a hard time saying that. I am now pushing my internal medicine doc to do every darn test possible to figure out that it is. So far have discovered a"small" hiatal hernia. Good luck to you. I would not expect a doctor to reply to this thread though.

I am having the same problems! Weight loss, chest pain, rapid heart rate for no reason, Ive been to a cardiologist and doctors and the hospital numerous times. they say Im fine. they give me pain killers and anti anxiety medication...nothing is helping. I am beginning to think I am going crazy. I know I am not making it up! I don't feel like it is stress related although this has been going on for 2 months now and and it is really starting to emotionally drain me that no one knows whats wrong. If somone can help I am getting desperate. Email me at _[removed]_... PLEASE!

To respond to Chasey Vance and also the question above about whether these symptoms can be related to owing money, yes, I think they could. So many of these symptoms sound a lot like anxiety attacks. Owing money can cause this, and so can any accumulation of stress. Look at whether there is emotional stress from underlying issues from the past, and get a counselor to help you with that. Something emotional can trigger anxiety attacks, and medication alone seems to do a lousy job dealing with it because the cause needs to be dealt with (medicine is only a quick fix for the outside, but it doesn't last long and doesn't make you feel good knowing you might have to take it for a long time!)

Two helpful books that I was helped by when having these symptoms are books by Dr. Archibald Hart. I highly, highly recommend them. He has a lot of insight on stress and adrenalin. One is called 'Adrenalin and Stress,' and the other is something like '10 Steps to Dealing with Anxiety'. (something like that) I hope this helps!

I have the same symptoms and it drives me crazy I beleive the doctors think I'm wacko. I had my gallbladder out and nothing has changed all the same symptoms Have you found anything to help you yet/

I have the same symptoms the restless probably come from the stress you get from the fear its causing also and amphetamine, Caffeine, Cigarettes or other stimulate prescribed or not will increase these symptoms greatly the lack of sleep and racing heart is basically your addrenalin pumping this cause your heart palpitations and at least temporarly high blood pressure as well the burping and loss of weight and appetite is because of your stomach become heavily acidic which produces heart burn which increases the feeling of the palpitations as well as gas and weight loss dizziness/blurred is also a possible side affect along with numbness.

The best way to treat it is antiacids, Bread, and just staying calm and attempting sleep because once you get the idea that the problem is the stress the solution is a lot easier for your doctor to figure out if need be.

I cannot believe anyone's doctor didn't think about hyperthyroid. Your thyroid is your metabolism mechanism and when it is out of whack, you feel like you've short circuited. I have five brothers and all five have this issue, and I am now treating my 19 year old son. The boys that had the worst of the symptoms (including my son) are smokers and caffeine drinkers. Well, one brother didn't smoke, drink coffee, or anything, but he was under a tremendous amount of stress. Anyway, they all take a synthetic form of idodine - I can't recall the name - but no more heart issues, sweating, tingling, racing thoughts, insomnia. Some folks swear by acupuncture as well. Good Luck!

still having the same issues but there less frequent and better. i no longer take meds. except xanax when needed. doctors still just think its stress...lol but i still get chest pain. good luck to you all. keep me posted on new ideas to treat symptoms. thnx

I had all of the symptons described by most people who answered this querey. It took 15 years to diagnose what is was - it was as simple as low B12 and low ferritin levels. I now get regular injections and feel alot better.

Good luck. Do not be fobbed off by Doctors who say your haemoglobin is high - it can remain high despite ferritin and B12 being low. Insist on the tests to rule this out as a cause.

Sounds like low blood sugar or hypoglycemia, don't let yourself go hungry always carry a snack with you to compensate for the lows which can make your heart race