My heart skips often, especially when first lying down. The first beat after the skip is hard like a pounding. Sometimes feels like it stops and I go numb and quickly feel my pulse which by that time feels weak. Becoming, of course, very scared, my pulse becomes rapid and heart beats very hard. Most of the time these "symptoms" are a few hours in between, but sometimes it will happen two or three times within a few minutes. Is this warning of heart attack, or failure?

No worries I had the same things happen to me. I went to the doctor and I have Mitral Valve Prolapse that sounds scary but its no big deal. Its where your valves in your heart dont open and close the way they should. My doctor gave me medicine called toprol and now I dont have those horrible heart feelings you are talking about. You should go to the doctor to find out cause those feelings arent normal.

that sounds like heart palpatations, i get them too