Can anyone relate and/or help:
I am a 22 year old female. For the past 5 years or so I have been suffering from episodes in which I faint/or near faint, have lightheadedness/dizziness, headaches, numbness and tingling in hands/feet/face, blurry/spotted vision. Any suggestions?

Low blood pressure is the primary cause of fainting or near fainting. You can check your blood pressure yourself using a BP monitor. Anemia can cause constant lightheadedness, dizziness, headaches and blurred vision. Anemia due to vitamin B12 deficiency can cause tingling in hands, feet and face. Destruction of gastric parietal cells in the ileum in the case of autoimmune atrophic gastritis prevents adequate absorption of vitamin B12 in the diet resulting in the vitamin's deficiency. Alternatively, the presence of the tapeworm Diphyllobothrium latum in the small intestine leads to competition for dietary vitamin B12 and results in B12 deficiency. Infection of the parasite is acquired by eating raw or undercooked fish. A blood test for B12 level and red blood cell profile can determine if B12 malabsorption is indeed your condition. Atrophic gastritis may be confirmed by gastroscopy and biopsy. D. latum is detected by the presense of characteristic eggs in the feces.

I had similar symptoms like dizziness, numbness on face and forehead, tingling in hands and feet, giddiness and lack of balance, neuropathic pain in fingers, arms, slight burning sensation in my head all the time and weakness in muscles specially in legs and I could feel that while I walked. I have been suffering from these symptoms for the last 4 months. I have done CT scan, blood tests, nerve tests and everything became normal. I was worried that my life is going to be very different from now on!! Then I did my own research on these and found a very logical solution which is Vitamin B12 deficiency. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause a lot of horrific symptoms! And after that I went to the vitamin shop and got some 1000 mcg (1mg) B12 sublingual tablets and also vitamin B complex tablets to assist the B12 tablets. I took 1 B12 in the morning and one in the evening and 1 B complex at night and After 5 days 90% of all the symptoms are gone!!! My head is getting normal again. Praise be to Him who guided me to my own treatment.

Your symptoms are similar to me and you may try B12 and B complex at you are suffering for a long time I guess it is nothing but B12 deficiency. Also I found that even B12 border line deficiency can cause the same symptoms and it is misdiagnosed if you test for B12 in your blood.

B12 defficiency can be caused by some other factors such as diet and abdominal problems. Take healthy diet rich in B12. If your symptoms are gone after taking B12 suppliments the go and check for the cause of B12 deficiency. But 1st take care of your symptoms which is making you crazy.

Some people may call it anxiety disorder but I don't agree now. I believe 70% of the people with anxiety disorders are suffering for Vitamin deficiencies and actually that is giving them anxiety disorder as a result of the severity of the symptoms.

And I suggest you if this does not help see a good neurologist.

i have almost the same thing im on beta blockers now its a bit better but know one believes me i had numbness in hands and convulsions in my right arm what should i do

i am a 19 year old male and i have recently noticed i also am very dizzy/lightheaded during the day and have tingling mostly in my right arm and sometimes in my legs. I seem to be constipated aswell, this all usually seems to occur when i work but when i am working out and running i feel perfectly fine. What can it be?

My sister is fainting all of sudden. Her blood tests, CT scan, BP everything is normal. She gets cautious after 2-3 hr.s Then she is completely normal again as if nothing has happened. But this is happening quite often now. We are so much worried for her. She is taking vit. B12. She took vit. B12 shot also. Please help us.

sounds like u got seizures.. i get them too. its unconcousness seizure where u dont remember what happened right? well in that case, go to ur doctor and explain ur symptoms. maybe he prescribe some seizure medz. hope u feel better :)

Hi just a little tip
I have suffered from faints and numbness and a pint of milk helps for the numbness and ask your doctors for passing out tablets 1 four times a day will help for the fainting

I am having the same problems! I just fainted in the shower! I feel a lot more faint when it comes to heat or being too warm. I usually pass out in the shower. I have had a headache for 7 months now and have had numb tingling hands and arms since June 15th. I have had MRI's, CT scans, x-rays, blood tests and all. Nothing. they cannot figure out what is wrong with me. I am very upset with my local nuerologist, who said I have anxiety problem and need to see a psychiatrist. I feel very offended by this. I am getting very frustrated by my symptoms, and yeah, anxiety is going along with it. I do not know what is wrong with me and I am feeling like soon my mind will leave and never come back. If you find anything else out, please let me know! Thanks in advance :)

I can relate! This never used to happen to me, but one day I wasn't feeling good and passed out in class. Luckily, it was a first aid class so everyone knew what to do ;-)  haha but yeah, ever since then, anytime I'm nervous about something, or like grossed out, or feel sick to my stomach, I also feel like passing out. I can always feel it coming on before it happens because I get tingly then go numb, which is when I go down. I've also been to the doctor with normal results for everything. I wanna know what's wrong with me :'(

I've had this problem since I was 11.  It got worse as I got older.  I finally found out, when I was 48, that my blood pressure was too low.  My neurologist put me on fludrocortisone which corrected the problem, but it made my blood pressure too high sometimes.  I also think it is connected to eating carbohydrates.  When I was on Atkins diet, symptoms totally went away after three days.  No more fainting spells!  I have heard that blood pressure and blood sugar go hand in hand.  Not eating bread or pasta, and having more salt, helps.

this is really awesome, thanks, well yeah (to the first guest)! :D I shall go to the aphotecary after this and do just what you did, this whole time I thought I got hypersensitive personality (HSP) disoreder you know, cause all the tingling, and slight burning pain did make me feel unpassionate to do anything and so awkward when I talk cause all that burning feeling in my left brain always interfered me, now I'll try to consume healthy food and consume B12. thanks you're the best! Now I can live like the others you know, passionately.

This could be anxiety related as well.  Of course continue to talk to doctors but sometimes they will just cure the symptoms and ignore the causes of bodily problems. 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Having problems with numbness in my face and arm don't know if it a pinched never or my period I'm confussed it gives me anxiety really bad

Hello, I'm having a similar issue as the one originally stated. I'm a 22 year old female who is in overall good health. The past few weeks I've been getting horrible migraines that feel like they're behind my eyes. They get so intense that I become nauseous. Today I felt as though I was going to faint, I was extremely dizzy, my hands were cold and clammy and I kept getting chills. My hands also tingled and my heart began to race. I even feel dizzy and weak when I'm laying down. I have been researching and trying to figure out what it could possibly be. So far I've only come to the conclusion of anemia. Does anybody have any clue as to what might be happening. Thanks!