i am 19 years old just like the girl i been having my period weird at the beginning of the month i had my period but i had real bad cramps and it was real heavy on the third week of the month i also had my period and once more i had so much pain. my hips hurt and now once again i have my period and its real heavy and i just have so much pain. i want to know if its normal. never before has this happened to me.

Hi honey! Unfortunately this is VERY normal, it is called dysmenorrhea - painful periods! Due to it causing you so much pain, I would advise you to go and see a gyenecologist, so he/she can give you a check up! I would advise a transvaginal ultrasound - to see if there are any ovarian cysts going on! And IF you aren't on the pill, some pills have been known to REALLY help with the pain and clots etc.! Massage, and warm compresses can help too! As does Cramp Bark and Evening of Primrose Oil! BUT get checked out first OK? And don't despair as there are MANY treatments available for this OK? BIG hugs honey - been there done that!