Hi, My GF just gone through a medial abortion 2 days ago......We had sex just before 3 days of her period.....although she did have [and currently having] her period but doctor said that she was pregnant [she did have some positive signs]......doctor gave some kind of Injection in her Spinal Cord(It was 3 Days after the Sex)........after that her abdomen and waist pain are gone, her breast came to almost normal. Only one symptom is still there and its she is feeling tired and sleeping more than normal.

So, should I be still worried that she is still pregnant or the tiredness is for something else?

Thanks for advices in advance.

It's hard to say if you have to worry.

Just let me clarify, you had sex 5 days ago, she got pregnant, then she went for an abortion?

Normally, having sex 3 days before her period, she would be unlikely to conceive. You also say she is having her period, something she wouldn't have if she was pregnant. It is also unlikely that she would test positive for a pregnancy this early.

I'm not sure what was injected into her spinal cord.

More likely it was methotrexate injected into her abdomen. It can take 2 weeks or longer to work. Misoprostol is usually prescribed as well to start the abortion. Was she given some pills to place in her vagina in about 5 or so days?

If I have something wrong let me know. Lots of things aren't making sense.

no......no extra pills!! doctor gave her only a Vitamin syrup.....docs took a blood test to test whether she is positive or not.....

Guest,

This is not making sense.

Please answer these questions. You had sex, 6 days ago now? She got pregnant, and then went for an abortion?

She most likely wouldn't test positive 5 or 6 days after having sex. The timing doesn't work for conception and why give her a vitamin?

I didnt saw her after that day.....whatever I am writing is what I heard from her in the Phone.

Now it seems that the doctors may be tricked her......

It just doesn't make sense Guest.

The timing is too fast and the "doctor" story. Something is going on.

Yes, I am also got really confused but didnt had any other option since she said that she is having some peculiar symptoms.....I also searched and found some articles stating that one can be pregnant and also have periods normally....thats what made me more crazy......

Currently Its important to me to make sure whether she is positive or not.....I think I have to dig it more to get the real story behind it....

Anyway thanks for your precious inputs. Its really brought my pressure down.

It is unlikely to have a "normal" period while pregnant. Some bleeding may occur however. During a "period" the lining of the uterus is shed so there wouldn't be a pregnancy.

The earliest she can test is when her period is due. Did she have her period last month and when?

3rd March [last]

31st March[current]

We had sex on 28th March and we never ever sex before this........this is our very first time.......

She contacted the 1st doc on 30th march.....at this point she didnt have any symptom except her vaginal fluid is more thickish than normal. This doctor took a blood test and said she is almost pregnant.....gave her 1 tablet and one liquid......on 31st she had her normal period started.......there were some creamy liquid coming out with normal period bleeding.....but on 1st april she had severe waist pain along with extreme vomiting and unfamiliar heartbeats......She decides to go to another Doctor......2nd doctor took some general physical tests and said she is still pregnant and told there are 2 options......one is to take a Injection and another is Abortion but the general Abortion can not be performed at this time......it has to be taken 10-15 days back....This Doctor gave her the Injection in Spinal Cord.......and also 2nd Doctor gave her a Vitamin Syrup.......No other medicine were given.

2nd Doctor also said that there will huge amount of different kind of liquid[creamy or yellowish] come out along with her normal period in next few days....as per her that did happened.....and also stopped after 3 or 4 times........

After taking the Injection she started feeling normal......currently she is still having her period going and its totally normal......all other symptoms are also gone [as she said : breast tenderness, hand palms were heavy, vomiting, uncertain heart beats, sweating]

As of now she is only feeling bit tired and sleeping......though the 2nd Doctor said that there might be some dizziness due to the Vitamin Syrup

This is the total story which I heard from her on Phone......

I know of no doctor that would use the term "almost" pregnant. The blood test wouldn't even pick it up from her having sex only three days prior. Now, if she had sex two or three weeks earlier, that person would be the father and her story makes much more sense.

You most certainly are not the father if she is pregnant. The timing is definitely in your favor. It is very possible that 3 days after having sex that the egg is still not fertilized, hence not pregnant yet, even if pregnancy was to result.

In your case she could have taken the "morning after" pill. It's good up to 72 hours.

A thicker vaginal fluid does not necessarily mean pregnancy. It could be infection as well.

If it was a "normal" period then she is NOT pregnant. She may have an infection.

It's still not making sense.

Thanks for your replies Medic-Dan. Yes its weird and me too cant figure out the really story.

But there is another update on this :: As she said that, she is having heavy bleeding during last 2 days and its really painful to....she also called up the doctor to check out the cause and doctor said its normal......there will be bleeding and pain until uterus is totally clean. Although the volume is getting low after each time.

What is getting out is really hard and not loosing its hardness even after coming out......colored as blood clot.....So, is it normal in a medical abortion?? Since I have to believe her there is no other options for at this point.

Clots and blood are typical of a medical abortion, yes. The further along you are the more material. After 8-9 weeks medical abortions are not usually an option.

She should expect to have a followup visit in about 2 weeks to make sure the uterus is clean. If any tissue remains it can cause an infection.

Thanks for your reply.

Her period is currently finished and also the bleeding. It has ended exactly as her doctor specified.

She is currently not having any pains and or any symptoms of pregnancy.

Although there is still little pain at her waist and I think its for the Injection in Spinal Cord.

I think it would be better to take minimum 3 days rest before coming back to normal work habits.

Another Update : Currently some kind of fluid is coming out from her breast. Also feeling some pain. Doctor said it will carry for few days and after that it will stop automatically.

My question is : Is this going to be regular ever after 6 months and also if she is not pregnant at all or its only happens when a woman gets pregnant?

Thanks

Some fluid could be normal, it depends upon how far along she was.

It should stop once her body returns to normal, in a few weeks.

From the sounds of it she was pregnant and not for 3 days. She was much further along.