Hi, I am a thirty eight years old woman. My husband and I have been trying for a baby for a long time, without success. Two years ago we stopped trying because we decided that we were too old for a baby. Now an amazing thing has happened. I have found out that I am two months pregnant. I was at the same time excited and scared. Am I too old to have this baby? Will we be able to raise this child properly?

Hi, women today tend to have children later in life. They want to succeed professionally before they decide to have babies. And building a career takes time, so they delay family and children. There are many women your age who have given birth to healthy babies. In fact, I think that it is great that you got pregnant after you have given up all hope. However, your pregnancy will have to be monitored more closely because of your age. My intention is not to scare you, but to give you the facts. Pregnancy in your age holds greater risks than for the women in their twenties. I am sure that with the right prenatal care the modern medicine can provide you will deliver a perfect baby. Your child will only benefit from having middle aged parents. You are now mature and more responsible. Having the wisdom that comes with the years you will be able to give your child the proper support and advice. I am convinced that your child will be thankful to you for the way you have raised him or her.