I am 28 years old and have children already, my husband and I have thrown around the idea that we would like to have another baby, I had a tubal after my last child 4 years ago, at the time I was going through post pardom depression and wasn't really thinking when I did it "my fault", 2 years ago I had to have a endometrial ablation due to heavy periods, I really wasn't given a choice it was the ablation or remove my ovaries, I was unsure but knew that something had to be done, so we went with the ablation, all she said was that by doing this it could reduce your chance of pregancy, she never said it will never happen!! I haven't had a period since the day I had the Ablation so i guess I am asking where do we start to see if we could even try to have another baby!

Thank you all in advance for you advice

I clicked the wrong thing and posted this when there is a post about this already how can I delete this post

I also had a tubal ligation and the ablation.  I have been blessed with four children already and thankful for that.  There are so many children that need foster homes or new families.  It might be something to consider.   I have spend two much time wondering one thing or another when I should have spend time enjoying what I already had.  I do with you and your family the best and hope you are thankful for good health :-) 

I am in the same perdictament.. I havent had a period since I had my ablation 2 years ago and also would like to know if it is possible and what I should do.. thanks!

I also am in the same perdictament.. I had my ablation 2 years ago and my tubes tied almost 3 years ago. I havent had a period since the ablation surgery. I would love to have another child but what are my possiblities?

I also feel the same as many of you!  Have the same questions and regret.  I have 3 beautiful children which I have raised alone for the last 5 years I was working 80 hours plus to provide for my family.  I knew there was no way I could raise another child so I had my tubes tied, then 2 years ago i was given the option Ablation or Hysterectomy.  I couldnt miss work for a hysterectomy so I went for ablation. Knowing I still have all the parts needed to have a baby has made me feel confindent i could have another! had I had the hysterectomy it would have been the end of even wishing I could carry another child.   I am remarried to an amazing man, husband and father and we wish to have another child.  I have read a lot of positive and negitive info on this.  I think its best to go to a fertility specialist to get answers. Online hasnt answered many questions and I have seen some very rude comments, People saying your doctor warned you about this and having a child will not help your relationship etc.   My realationship is perfect! and yes my doctor did say you shouldnt have this done if you want to have more children,  just like my mom told me things I shouldnt do and I did them anyway,  Its hard to think about 3 years or 5 years down the road where your life will be.   Adoption is also an option yes, yes it is.  and maybe that will be the route I take or you take but currently I am looking for a way to have my own child! to feel him or her move and kick and to have a husband that will stand beside me and enjoy every moment of the amazing growth of our child.   I wish the best for you all and hope you find peace and options! Dont let anyone bring you down!  Please keep us updated if you find any answers and I will do the same for you!

Always

Amber

Certainly don't let anyone discourage you! I had my tubes tied almost 4 yrs ago when I had my youngest, and I have 6 children total. And today I had endometrial ablation done. Rly hoping it helps! Sometimes I see babies and get sad cuz I can't have anymore. But am glad I can't. I'm good with 6! I wasn't able to carry anymore due to problems with my uterus and decided it was best to have a tubal done. I know its possible to goto a fertility clinic if u want another baby after you've had tubes tied. Not too sure about after ablation, drs say you can't. But I believe anything is possible, very unlikely tho if the ablation was sucessful since u won't have any lining for it to attatch to. But cud b possible, if it does happen for u tho, u wud prolly have a high risk pregnancy. I hope everything does work out for u tho! Keep us posted on how things r going! Love to hear happy stories! Esp since all I have read on here is horror stories about ablation, hopin mine is sucessful. Or I have to have a hysterectomy. And I'm only 27. :( and hopin periods stay away, I bled for 6 mo strait and ended up in hospital from loss of blood!! But good luck to u and all the other ladies wanting babies!! Miracles do happen everyday! :)