I'm 26 years old, my husband is 32. We have been  married for 4 years and been together for 6 years. my husband has a good job. my teach painting to kids on part time basis. the problem is that I really feel ready to have a baby but my husband is not ready. My husband does want children but he is afraid of all the responsibilities a child brings. He earns quite good money and we both have extremely helpful parents. 

I don't know what else to do. I try to to talk about it too much, because i don't want to put pressure on him. But i can't stop thinking about it. My husband once said he wants to wait another 2 or 3 years but I feel ready now and dont want to wait 2yrs or more. 

Any advice on how I could approch my husband. 

Thankyou

He has to be comfortable dont rush him

Really? I thought that was a women issue, not having a baby because of career or afraid of loosing their figures. Anyways, alex was right don't rush things, let him be ready. by the way how old the two of you?

I am 26 and he is 32.

I have wanted children for several years I just got married on Oct 14 2011 and me and my hubby agreed on waiting 3 years to have kids however I was diagnosed with cyst and everytime I have one my chances go down all of our friends are having babies plus his sister is 2I know i'm young I'll be 21 on July 11 but I can't wait I really want a baby and don't know what to do

I agree with you. I do not understand the whole "waiting for the right time" idea thing. If you want to wait for you to have plenty of money, a nice house, and stuff like that then it will never be the right time. I like the idea of having a family when you are both young and have the energy for it, cause you don't want to hit your 50's and be still dealing with teenagers, it's difficult, it's a tough age. Being a mother is a difficult job, and you always make a choice because time does not stop: your successful career or a family, I think we are loosing the family value with this new generations of men and women wanting to have a "amazing fancy career, lots of money, perfect house" you see on the street a bunch of women with grey hair carrying toddlers just sitting in the benches of a playground watching their kids play instead of being with them playing with the kids. Why? because they wasted their youth and energy on something else, now they pay daycare or nanny and during family reunions they hold their kids proudly when in reality they are not with them all the time. Daycare and nanny full time is a lame excuse for deeply not wanting to spend time with the kids because let's face it being a mom is the most difficult job requires lots of energy. I worked in a daycare and saw lots and lots of moms picking up their kids from daycare at 6 pm just to take them home, give them dinner and go to bed, what's up with that, you call yourself a parent?

Explain this point to your husband. You will need lots of energy to have a family, you don't want to be old for two reasons: energy and fertility which also affect the male don't forget that. Sometimes you conceive very quick but sometimes it will take more time, so by the time you decide to finally start trying you should consider the idea of maybe adding another year, you never know. But one thing is true, the younger, the better.

Btw, I'm not talking crazy, my husband and I met in sep 2010, married in jul 2011 and started trying since sep 2011 and still trying. We're both 26 and he wants family as much as I do. We don't have as many things as we want to but we think we will be blessed with a baby, we can worry about the rest of the world later. Having everything for when a baby comes is stupid, because when the baby comes you will always find a way to figure it out. Especially if your families are very helpful and you are economically stable.