I was thinking of doing a little home surgery on this 'roid I've had for a week now. It is really painful and purple and I though I'd slice or lance it. How long can I expect to bleed and has anyone here done this?

PLEASE don't do that yourself. It would be really painful. I just saw a surgeon and had mine lanced. It was not painful once the local numbing agent was applied. The surgeon was able to take the clot out and the pressure is gone for me, but in general DIY bathroom surgery is always stupid.

Hallo,
I will tell you immediately that you won’t be doing yourself a favor if you do this. You can get serious bleeding and you can get blood poisoning. There is a surgery for hemorrhoids but it has to be done in the right environment, and the only place where this is allowed is the hospital, in the clean surgery room where doctors are prepared and equipped with right tools. Why do you want to do this on your own? How long have you been having problems with your hemorrhoids? Are you having problems with constipation? Are you using any pain medication? Have you tried to treat this with sitz baths? Consider this as better and safer option.

They were people who performed their own rubber band ligation on their hemorrhoids, using a dental floss discussed in another website. I can't link here as it's against the rules.

A couple of them managed to pull it off, where their hemorrhoid tissues died and came out together with their stools. But some almost ended up with blood poisoning and other problems like necrosis, and stil decided to undergo surgery in the end.

Should you be contemplating developing a thrombosed outside hemorrhoid lancing completed on your own infection, after that you need to be experienced involving how it will start. Your personal doctor may possibly will give you painkiller ahead of the method.

The anesthetic are often being injected so as to even more numb the actual anal location. The treatment involving thrombosed outside hemorrhoid lancing will you need to as much as one hour essentially. Although basically, this is determined by your specific case with how much time it would be.

First off most people will tell you you're crazy for lancing your own hemmeroid. Thee are a lot of bad things that could probably happen, ie. infection, bleeding etc. But I did it - twice. First time was a year or so ago. I had a dime sized thrombosed hemmeroid. I went to my primary care dr, my gyno, and the urgent care diwn the street. NOBODY would help me. So "F" them all. I did it myself. I barely even felt the inclusion because the skin was so numb from being engorged. Unlike the pain I felt from the swelling itself which after more than a week was bringing me to tears! Probably more so out if frustration I might add but painful nonetheless. So I used an exacti knife, and squeezed 3 decent sized clumps of thick blood clots. And guess what!! I felt soooo much better! It started healing immediately and didn't come back! However. This past week I had a bad bout of IBS and I got a new one. This one about the size of a regular marble. After treatibg it well for a few days to tripled in size one day!!! Now it was the size if those large master marbles!! And purplish black! "F" the doctors!! So I did it again. Got 3 pieces of clot out. And finally a forth. Had to lance it in 2 different places and wasn't able to get the rest of the purple clot. But now that I'm all cut up. Maybe the freaking doctors will listen and help me. It feels a lot better and isn't bleeding. I sterilized everything too so I'm good. So if you are as frustrated at the medical establishment as I am - go for it!

That was absolutely hilarious!!

Although it's been a year since you posted just wanted to say: Thank you!

Just 'lanced' my own & while I may still have to end up seeing a doc you were right: it was so engorged that it was practically numb already. (I used some 5% sumpthin-cain that I bought on Amazon - max I could get otc & helped numb it a bit more).

A quick poke with the scalpel (also on Amazon) and some squeezing brought out some blood (no clots, though) and relieved the pressure so much! Doc's wouldn't schedule an appointment for three months out from now so like you, I said 'F THEM!' If I have to do it again - not a big deal but definitely want to be rid of this thing!

How long was you down after having it done have one that is really bad need to go to the Dr but can't afford to be off work long

I got a new scaple blade & im gona pierce a tiny hole in mine & im gona clean it in hot water & put antibiotics on it. I dont want to go to the dr. Been there too may times

What was the recovery process like? Could you walk comfortable? What about #2? Are you stitchedm

Roger that. I was on my way to CVS for a lancing kit but I guess I'll be going to Urgent Care. Thanks

Will do. Thanks for the info.

Anybody have any help for me? I'm traveling alone in Vietnam and am 90% sure I have a thombrosed hemorrhoid. I am finding it hard to move around and sleep. I have been soaking it in warm to hot water for a day ...I was thinking of just getting some valium and painkillers and trying to wait the eight days til I'm back in us....any help?

THANKS MAN JUST DID MINE WITH A RAZOR BLADE.INSTANT RELIEF.