I have got large hemroids that are very painful and bleeding. I was trying to treat them with diet, good hygiene and topical medications. Obviously it wasn’t enough for me. That’s why my doctor decided I should experience long-term relief through surgery. I would like to know more about that and what’s the procedure for hemroid surgery.

Surgery to remove hemroids that are too large and painful is called hemroidectomy. It is used for people who don’t respond to non-surgical treatments. Usually, less invasive procedures might effectively treat smaller hemroids. During hemroids surgery, doctor makes incisions around the anus to cut away the hemroids. Drawback to this surgery is that incisions are made in a highly sensitive area. That’s why might require stitches, which can cause the area to be tender and painful. Procedure might be done while patient is in general or local anesthesia. It is usually an outpatient procedure and patients go home the same day surgery was done. Benefits are relief of pain, swelling, bleeding and itching that hemroids can cause. This kind of surgery is very common and has very few risks.

There are risks, my friend died from an infection last night.