A good friend of mine has just received a terrible diagnosis: liver cancer. We all know that the prognosis is not very good for liver cancer, and although my friend will be receiving chemotherapy, the chances are that that will not have any effect. Perhaps herbal treatments are good in this case, if only to prevent suffering and perhaps lengthen my friend's lifespan. What do you think?

If you are interested in true herbal treatments, I would see a good, qualified practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine, if at all possible someone with a lot of experience and someone is is actually from China. I would never advocate alternative cancer treatment as a primary option, but if nothing else can be done then I am all for it, especially in conjunction with chemo treatments. Many alternative practitioners have no idea what they are doing though. Another thing I noticed, especially when we are talking about alternative cancer treatments, is that certain types of people think there is a good buck to be made feeding off desperate and terminally ill cancer patients, who will go to any lengths to save their lives. Obviously, you need to stay away from those.