My mom suffers from terrible gallbladder attacks. She was in agony and did not know where to turn because of the pain. When she went to see her family doctor, she was referred to a specialist. It turns out that she has gallstones and needs an operation. But you know what it is like nowadays; there is a great big waiting list. Now I was wondering if there would be any herbs that can help her with her gallstones while my mom is waiting for her operation?

there is not really any herbs to take. I would suggest that she limit her food intake to very very small amounts. I just had the surgery and had pancreatitus added onto it. They made me fast for about 3 days while staying on an IV. have her stay away from fatty foods and keep her food intake to very small portions. If you can have her on chicken broth and water... that would be good. the gall bladder acts when she needs to digest food... primarily fatty foods. how long is the wait for the surgery? also, ibuprofen worked well for me when it would act up months before it got very serious. its a natural anti inflammatory.

I read an article that suggest taking Artichoke extract, which is an herb form, and states on the bottle, "Research shows this key active ingredient increases liver bile production, which assists the body with blood fat metabolism". I'm trying it.