My mom has been diagnosed with gallstones and occasionally suffers from gallbladder attacks. She is on the meds now but has a surgery booked in a month or so. As I will be moving back home ( from the campus) until she gets better I would like to know morw about these gallbladder attacks. Thank you

One thing you should now. Gallbladder attacks are awful!!! They can last from a few minutes to two to three hours before getting better. The attacks can be triggered by eating fatty foods such as chocolate, cheese or pastry but I suppose your mom takes care of her diet now. A gallstone attack usually is marked by a steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen. A gallstone attack may also cause pain in the back between the shoulder blades or in the right shoulder and may cause nausea or vomiting. I started feeling much better after I had my gallstones removed.

Hi I have polyps on my gallbladder and they have been there for a year and I had another ultra sound and they have grown now and I was told I have several polyps ,they are 4mm now and they are giving me gallbladder attacks which are very painfull . Does anyone know if this will turn to cancer