Hi! What are your favourite fish dishes and what herbs do you use for them? I have never got any further than pepper, salt and lemon, and it is normally salmon that I make. What herbs do you think would go well with different fish dishes? Can you tell me what you do?

I think the main reason fish dishes are so often low on herbs is that the fish tastes so nice on its own, and too many herbs overwhelm it and totally mask the subtle taste of fish. I like dill and lemon, sometimes some garlic, and thyme can also be a nice combination with fish dishes. It largely depends on the type of fish and how you choose to prepare it.

I saw some good recipes on the southern food website. Do you know it? They have a surprising number of great recipes and I think you should look it up, if you are interested in fish recipes with herbs. These recipes always have some unexpected herbs in them. Hope that helps.

I cook fish different every time. Sometimes fish is great with just a bit of lemon to enjoy the natural flavor.

I have used the following:
Dill
Thyme
Oregano
Rosemary
Smoked Paprika
Ginger, garlic and chilis
Lemon, salt and pepper
Basil
Chives

Usually a little goes a long way... a bit of butter or extra virgin olive oil also compliments fish very well.