Hi! I have recently bought some millet in the healthy food store in my neighborhood. The shop assistant suggested some ways to prepare it and use it in my diet but I forgot to ask him if I can use millet in salads. So does someone know the answer or I must go back to the store?

Hello! I usually prepare my millet like some kind of a bread but it can also be used as a side dish or served under sautéed vegetables or with beans and can be popped like corn for use as a snack or breakfast cereal. The grain mixes well with any seasoning or herbs that are commonly used in rice dishes. You can of course sprout it over any salad you like too.

Hi! I have a good recipe for a millet salad. You need 1 cup of uncooked millet, 3 cups of water, 2 cups of cooked black beans, 2 large tomatoes, a medium chopped onion, and one chopped cucumber. Cook the millet in 3 cups of water until water is absorbed, which is for about 30 minutes. Mix it with fork and allow cooling down. In a large bowl, combine millet, black beans, tomatoes, and onion. Peel the cucumber and cut it lengthwise into four pieces. Remove the seeds and cut into slices. Add the cucumber to the salad. Then you can make the dressing. You need one third of a cup of water, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1 tbs of vinegar, 2 tbs of minced garlic, 1 tbs of sea salt, a bit of black pepper and cumin. Mix all the dressing ingredients and pour it over the salad. Put the prepared salad in the refrigerator to cool and serve it cold on lettuce leaves. It might sound complicated but it is not. Enjoy!