I am planning a little dinner for my friends. I was thinking of making a bolognese sauce, but I am not sure if I have all the necessary compounds. I would like to put some more herbs into it, but I don’t know which ones will be suitable for this. What do you think? I will gladly hear out your opinion.

I normally just use them mixed dried herbs. Will get some more flavour from a crushed clove of garlic and onions as well.

Let me know how it goes :-D

I think that onion is definitely a must when you are making Bolognese sauce, of course, finely chopped. The herbs and spices are a must, as well, but you definitely do not want to overdo with anything because it will simply take over all other flavors.

To me, nothing goes better with Bolognese than basil, dried if you can’t get fresh one. Oregano is also a good option, but not too much of it. I personally never tried the garlic, but now that I’ve read it, it definitely sounds like it could work perfectly. Either way, you always can get some of the spice mixes, they do make the special Bolognese one – to make sure the dinner will turn out as planned.