Hi! I am trying to of nice meat dishes that will go a long way and feed the whole family! I love anything that has herbs and is a bit unconventional, but in this economy saving money is also important. I would like to hear from frugal people! What herbs put in your meat and how do you prepare your meat?

I find the crockpot goes a long way and in my house, we use it all the time. You can use it to prepare almost any meat, and I love meat broths. Herbs that I like to use include rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, parsley, and many others. The key is not to put too many of them together in one dish.

I have heard about people using crockpots before, but I don't think I have even ever seen one. I would not recognize crockpot if it hit me in the head! Perhaps you can tell me more about them, and how they are used? They cook your food really slowly, while you are at work, is that correct?