So I had unprotected sex with this older guy about 8 days ago. He's very well endowed, so there was minor pain when he.. yeah. He left for a couple hours & then came back & we did it again (first time was around 1 or 2 am, second time was around 5 or 6 am). The next day when I went to take a shower, I felt some liquid almost pour out of me. I didn't think anything of it, just thought I was aroused from the night before. Now, I've had these painful blisters or sores on my genital area. They aren't in clusters, but as of yesterday, 2 or 3 more popped up. In total, there's like 6 sores. I haven't had a change in discharge, no fever, nothing besides these lesions. I don't know what to do and I can't tell my mom. I don't have insurance to go to a gyno & even if I did, I started my period yesterday so I couldn't get checked. I've tried witch hazel to dry them out but it hasn't been effective. All it's done was burn for a couple seconds and then stop itching for a couple hours. This has been going on for about 4-5 days now, and I'm really starting to worry. Should I ask him if he has any STDs? Oh & I've just recently gotten out of a 1.5 year relationship where he had chlamydia, transferred it to me but then we got treated for it, if that helps.

Hi Scared,

If you are seeing blisters, especially since they started within a few days of having sex, they could very well be herpes.  We can't tell without an exam though.

See your doctor.  Period or not, it doesn't matter.

There are anti-viral drugs that can help reduce the symptoms.  It is also important for you to just be aware if you do have herpes.

Good luck.