i would like some information on herpes..

what exactly do they look like???

who do they feel??

how long does it take to heal them??

where do they usually most commonly occur in women??

if any one who has them give me some answers on how you deal with emotionally and physcially..

please i think i may have them and im really scared.. help...

Hi there, have you ever had a cold sore? That is what herpes looks like although there are generally more than one. Have ou googled any pictures? That usually is pretty helpful. What do you think?

IVE NEVER HAD A COLD SORES THAT APPEAR ON THE OUTSIDEOF THE LIP JUST CANKER SORES FROM BITTING THE INSIDE OF MY CHEECK.. BUT I DONT THNK THERE THE SAME.. R THEY??? WELL I LOOKED UP HERPES AND THEY LOOK VERY GRAPHIC AND THEY LOOKED FILLED WITH WATER. MINE DOESNT LOOK LIKE THAT IT JUST LOOKS LIKE MY SKIN HAS RIPPED ON THE ENTRANCE PART OF MY VAGINA.. AFTER HAVING SEX.. I DONT IF THIS CAUSED IT.. AND I WAS WONDERING IF YOU CAN EVEN GET THEM ON WET KINDA SURFACES LIKE THAT? I THOUGHT U GET THEM ONLY ON LIKE SKIN PARTS LIKE AROUND THE VAGINA DONT THEY OCCUR AROUND THERE OR WHERE MY CUT IS AT TOO?

They start off as blisters, sometimes they are barely noticeable, then after a couple of days they burst and get itchy and sore. They can occur anywhere the skin is moist, so yes they definitely appear on "wet" surfaces. Once they have burst they are slightly red and look like tears or open sores and can vary in size. They don't usually occur on the "skin" part, mainly on the inner labia, vagina, clitoris etc where there is moisture.

Yep, that sounds like you got a cold sore. Don't worry, almost everyone has them. But they are treatable. NExt time you get one, pick up a tube of Adavair at the drugstore and it should take care of it next time. How is it going for you?

WELL JUST TO LET EVERYONE NOE I GOT TESTED FOR HERPES AND I DONT HAVE NEITHER TYPE ONE OR TWO OF THE VIRUS.. :-D.. IM STILL REALLY PARINOID THOUGH I HAVE OCD AND I COMPLUSE OVER HAVING IT I STILL THINK THE TEST IS LYING.. LOL I THINK I NEED SOME TYPE IF COUNSLING TO GET OVER THIS...

You might need to see a therapist about it because it does sound like you might be a bit of a hypochondriac. But the test is NEVER wrong, so know that. Are you able to see a therapist soon about this?

Hi sweetie. Well herpes often occur in moist areas. But you can get them anywhere on your body. They basically look like blisters. I imagine that a blister on your vagina would hurt. They can come in clusters. They can be triggered by stress (if you have them), cycle, etc. If you do have them, it's not the end of the world and your life will go on. Besides that be strong and pray for the best.