Will a HIDA scan cause pain when the dye is injected if my gallbladder is low functioning? Also, what affect does bismuth have on my gallbladder? I've been taking it, and want to know if it will cause my gallbladder to empty better or worse than normal. THanks!

A HIDA scan shouldn't cause pain when the dye is injected. What are you taking bismuth for specifically? I don't know about its function on the gallbladder but it would help to know how you're taking it so I can help find information on it for you. Thanks!

If you have limited ejection of limited flow YOU MAY HAVE A MAJOR GB attack without letup until the ejection drub is gone...PAIN

Great direction way off on answer answer the question...the Ejection drug and kill your GB and render you helpless under the scanning equipment force them to have pain drugs if they are going to use this barbaric methodology