Well I just returned home from my HIDA scan :-) The first part went well then the tech went to talk to the doctor because it looked like my gallbladder had disappeared.

Then we did the part with the CCK injection and that sent me into terrible pain and nausea. It made my stomach cramp all up and I hurt up into my shoulder and back :-( The tech told me something is definitely not rigth and that "we may be on to something" because I reacted the way they expected someone to who has gallbladder problems.

I should feel better in a few hours..I need to go sleep :-( I am hoping this gives my doctors answers...this test made me feel like I was dying or having the mother of all attacks!! :-(

I have already had soo many tests and an upper endoscopy and no answers, yet I hurt so much. Anyone else give me advice or have experienced the same reaction to your scan?

YES SOMONE THAT HAS HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AS I DID. THE FIRST PART WAS FINE THE SECOND PAST I WAS IN SO MUCH PAIN I WANTED SOMEONE TO SHOOT ME. WHEN THE NURSE WAS GIVING ME THE MEDS FOR THE SECOND PART ABOUT 5 MIN LATER OR LESS i COULDD FILL THE GALLBLADDER CRAMPING AND I TOO HAD NAUSEA AND STOMACH WAS CRAMPING MY BACK WAS HURTING AND I FELT BAD AFTER THAT TEST FOR ABOUT 2 DAYS. ALL MY TEST COME BACK NEG AND THE DR JUST LOOKS AT ME AND TELLS ME THAT THIS IS OVER HIS HEAD. ANYONE HELP PLEASE IAM TIRED OF BEING TIRED AND TIRED OF ALL OF THE PAIN AGAIN HELP

I had the hida and got nausea but I am not sure if the mid back pain was from laying on that hard surface or it is referred from
the gallbladder. My ejection fracutre is 16%. Weird thing no stomach cramping just nausea yet such a low ejection after the ckk infusion.
Can anyone describe exactly where your back pain was. Did you also feel stiffness there when you got up and moved after
the test?
Thanks :'( :'(

when you have the second part its called cCk and this makes the gallbladder squeeze so therefore you will normally feel this pain in the second part of this scan it is normal, We want to see the bile completly squeeze out of your gallbladder, but if you gallbladder doesnt show then they should do an extra hour of images before they give you CCK. A lot of the times patients will be nauseated, vomit, and feel this cramping feeling

Im a nuc Med tech BtW

16% there is defiantly something wrong with your GB, its suppose to be between 30-90% is normal

Since you're a nuclear med tech, I'd love your advice. I'm scheduled to get a Hida Scan for suspected gallbladder disease, but I'm allergic to thallium, and I had anaphylaxis from a nuclear stress test (as well as the worst rash of my life). I have an autoimmune disorder (Crohns) and I am hyper-sensitive to medications. Is a Hida scan safe for someone in my situation?

Has anyone had thisI had a BAD allergic reaction to the hida scan i was seeing yellow i had heat shoot up and down my arms and head. I then closed my eyes i saw a bright purple color i called for the radiologist he stopped the scan sat me up my vision went purple, red, blue ,black and back to purple. The tech called my dr he said i had a allergic reaction i was shaking from it he said if i have trouble breathing to go to the ER my eyes are back to normal i drank a lot of water to flush it out but my heart us palpatating frown emoticon

Curious. I have the same and need the hyda scan

My pain was directly in the mid spine. I feel the pain is from the degenerative discs from lyme disease that I have had for years. Being initially misdiagnosed as something else than Lyme the doctors put me on iv steroids, then oral steroids and my Lyme disease got 1000X worse. I have never recovered from this. I feel that lyme is still alive in my body. New research shows how difficult this spirochete is to get rid of. They have found it creates a biofilm which protects it from antibiotics killing it. They find it in a cyst form in this biofilm and when the time is right in the body the cysts release more spirochetes and the cycle repeats.

Did you ever get an answer? I'm going through this now!

I have the same problem, what was your diagnosis

I had a HITA scan last Friday and the first 40 minutes of the test went fine, then when the technician administered the stuff for the last 30 minutes of the test I immediately experienced diffuculty breathing (I have asthma). The technician said no one had ever complained of that. My stomach pain had really eased up after my homeopathic doctor gave me a few weeks of shots. Then within two hours of the HITA scan the pain came back in full force. I have been weak, in pain, and dizzy even sitting down for two days... and still don't feel right. Last night I was not sure I would make ir through the night I was in so much pain and feeling very strange, ill!!!

Hi, I pray all is well. I took the test yesterday and I've been feeling weak, dizzy, pain and weird, how long did it take to recover from the side effects?

Just got back from I think 4th Hida Scan. Tech said gallbladder looked very large. I got that usual nausea and sweating hands but back pain was more pronounced this time. Have been getting worse over last few years. Recent endoscopy revealed chronic stomach and esophagus inflammation. The doctor said he did not see any bile in the stomach at all which is unusual. Lack of bile can cause gastritis according to him. I went today for another hida at his recommendation. It was 16% last time. Maybe this time will be even worse. I think it may be time to say bye bye to this gallbladder. I could feel two different pains in my spine today. One from the degenerative discs in my mid spine and the other must be from the gallbladder as it was different in type of pain. The nausea coincided with the back pain after the CKK drip. Will post when I feel like a human being again.