Can anyone please tell me if my symptoms could be coming from a gallbladder problem? My hida scan showed a 20% ejection fraction. I have terrible nausea, trouble breathing, light headed.....feel like I will pass out a lot if I dont lay down, bloating, constipation, palipitations and an overall lousy sick feeling. I have no life anymore. I would appreciate hearing from anyone.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues like this but it's possible that it could be a gallbladder issue. Have you spoken to a doctor about it? Let me know okay?

Hello...I know it's been over a year since you posted. Hopefully, you will still be notified of a reply. I have been suffering from the same symptoms and wondered if you were finally diagnosed with gallbladder dysfunction? I have all the same symptoms as you but the dizziness is the worst. I also have headaches and neck aches when the gallbladder pain gets bad. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks in advance for your reply.

I know these are old posts but I am sitting here in tears with a decided lack of energy. My story started about five weeks ago. I had a stomach bug. Then the nausea and diarrhea never stopped. I had pain under my right shoulder blade and mid abdomen. Whenever I are the right side of my face and neck felt like they were going to blow up. I would have violent dizziness before a bowel movement. Sometimes eating exacerbated the pain in my gut even more. Lately the pain and diarrhea has improved.I still have sensation under the right shoulder blade and mid abdomen. I had an ultra sound which showed a normal gall bladder. Had a gastroscopy the other day which showed a pinpoint erosion in my stomach. The doc is going with that as the total cause of my problems. The nurse told me that could not possibly be the case. He put me on Nexium and carafate. I believe I need a hida scan. I have convinced him to order one but he is extremely skeptical.I haven't heard when it is scheduled for yet. What is bothering me the most now is the extreme tiredness and lack of energy. I am exhausted.....christmas is two weeks away and I feel non functional. I fear the hida scan will show nothing as my doc is so skeptical. He said that the ultrasound would have shown some abnormality if I had a lo ejection fraction. I have been respiratory therapist for 37 years ago I am not a complete dunce when it comes to all things medical. I feel this is the cause of my issues. Any one have any thoughts? I think I fear having the scan and it being normal......then what?

Your Doctor is dead wrong about the Ultrasound showing abnormality if your gallbladder has low ejection fraction. Low Ejection fraction is a functional issue not structural issue. A Ultrasound test will show if you have stones or possibly enlargement. The test you need is the one you mentioned, a Hida Scan. This test challenges the gall bladder and is the true test of it's functioning or lack of.