Hi, guys. My daughter is 16 years old and she has been experiencing some problems with fainting. She has fainted three times for the last two months. I really don’t know why this happens. What could be the side effects of fainting? Do you have any idea? I will really appreciate your help with this.

Hello. Sometimes this can be common for teenagers. Body is growing rapidly and blood pressure can drop easily. I think it is more important for you to find the cause of this frequent fainting. You don’t need to worry about the side effects yet. Maybe this is nothing, so you don’t need to worry. You should consult a doctor. Your daughter may need some additional tests in order to find out the cause. If you find out something new, please let me know. Good luck!

Hello. The first thing that I asked her was whether she was pregnant or not. I even bought her the pregnancy test. It came negative. However, this still worries me. She has low blood pressure, but I understand this is normal for the girls at her age. I will definitely follow your advice and seek for a professional help.

My daughter started having dizzy episodes last fall. She was finally diagnosed with POTS which is when your autonomic nervous system gets out of whack with your cardiovascular system. There is a test called a tilt test that can be done by either a cardiologist or neurologist to determine if this is the cause of fainting. POTS occurs in mainly girls from 12 - 20 and can be very hard to diagnose.