Hi. I went to a mountain and saw in hospital many people having hip dislocation after they fall on skiing. I am a begginer skier so I would like to know more about hip dislocation like what are the symptoms and how to treat injured person? Thank you in advance.

A hip dislocation is an orthopedic emergency and it is very painful. Symptoms like patience’s unable to move the leg and may not have any feeling in the foot or ankle area are showing existence of this problem. With hip dislocations, there are many possibilities of other injuries, such as fractures in the pelvis and legs, back injuries, or head injuries. Usually, a physician can diagnose a hip dislocation simply by looking at the position of the leg and also by X-rays to be completely sure. A hip dislocation can be very dangerous and have long-term consequences. So, if you notice these problems, call for help. If you want to help someone who has it, do not try to move the injured person, but keep him or her warm with blankets.