I'm a 38 year old man in the UK. Slept with an escort, protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral (her to me) about a year ago, with no ill effects.
Slept with the same escort just over 2 weeks ago, with the same - protected vaginal, unprotected oral, plus I gave her oral, where she was very wet indeed.
after we had vaginal sex the first time - she came, I didn't - she took the condom off and started oral and hand stimulation again. Could some vaginal fluid from the condom have transferred to me from her hand and infected me?
14 days after this, I started to develop flu symptoms - a sore throat, which then turned to a dry cough, and now, I am aching in muscles all over my body, including under my armpits and the back of my neck, and have virtauuly lost my voice. My cough is very bad. I have no rash. I had a headache 2 days before these symptoms started, but it went away.I now have a very painful muscular stomach ache, I'm worrying about the lymph node thing.
Looking at websites, I have been worried sick that these are symptoms of Acute HIV syndrome. Would it show up after 14 days? SHould I worry from the sexual contact described with an escort?

The key to diagnosing "HIV Syndrome" is the lab work. It is highly possible you just have a virus. Those symptoms are highly common in viral syndrome.

As far as transmission goes.. It is possible if the escort had HIV that it could have been transmitted by her hand. However it is far less likely than the chance of getting HIV with unprotected intercourse.

You need to wait 2-8 weeks to see your doctor (the average is 25 days). The HIV antibody may not have produced enough if you go now.

I suggest you wait three weeks before you go get the test. Even then it could still be a false negative. Your doctor will want you to follow-up in three months for a repeat test.

what about you now? I have same symptoms with you. can you contact me? 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi marco1970, if you see it. please send email to me. I have same symptoms of you. email is furture1987 at(@) yahoo dot(.) com