Hello, I am male.....1st week of March 2013 we got to know that my Girlfreind is Hiv Positive. We been together for 1 year. Basically i always practised Safe Sex with her. But as usual Human Error can happen for 1 year sex with her (i.e Condom Breakage or Slip) which i pray didn’t happen...When we met she wasn’t Positive....She mite have gone out when i was out of town starting of this year 2013. I mainly travel 2 weeks a month. Now from then its like am sitted on a Time Bomb. Have tested like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 weeks and recently 9 weeks and 4 days...all Negative Test was done via Hiv Antibody Determine 1/2.

I have read in many forum as 3 months (12 weeks) is conclusive Also read 8 weeks is conclusive. 1) My question are.....what do u think can i conclude this that i am negative?? 2) Can the results in coming week change ?? Thanks

Hi Guest,

Usually, if you're going to test positive it would normally be detected by 3 months.  However, we normally repeat the test again at 6 months as a followup.

Talk to your doctor as to what he/she recommends.  A followup visit won't hurt.

Good luck.

instead of doing all these you could have visited a Hospital and ask for a 4th generation ELIZA (antibodies and antigens) test which shows the antigens during the sero-conversion period, 2-4 weeks after the exposure.

Did you have any kind of symptoms so far?

You still can visit a hospital for a professional test HIV-RNA test.