I had oral sex 2 weeks ago and in past four days I have feeling of soreness in my throat. It was unprotected sex with a gut I don’t know well. I am in total panic now and I can’t tell this to anyone. I don’t have medical insurance. I am hopeless. Is soar throat sign of HIV?

Well, I was in same situation. I had also unprotected oral sex with unknown person and symptom of soar throat, so I did test on HIV. I am happy to say that the results came back negative and I've never felt so much relief in my life. Although There is still that nagging doubt in the back of my mind that maybe the test was wrong or a false negative. I guess sore throat could be symptom of infections or other STDs or something that is not even relate to sex.

HIV can take up to 6 months to show up in a blood test. It is unlikely that the symptoms you experienced 2 weeks after are caused from HIV, but you should get tested about 6 months after just to be safe