sometimes my ear gets hot and red(literally red) and i can like feel a sort of pulse from it.
its takes like 15 minutes before it goes away and i have to put like something cold on it to get it to go..
any ideas on what it is?
how can i prevent it from happening? :'(

i believe this is caused by an allergy or food sensitivites to:

--Bright Red Colour Dyes
in Food such as Ketchup and the dyes that are ARTIFICIALLY ADDED TO BEEF TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE APPETIZING

--Insulin Reaction from Blood Sugar / Insulin Resistance
which can be caused by a number of things, either sugar, alcohol, FRUCTOSE in fruit juices + sodas (anything by any soft drink company will do this,, even the sutff thats supposedly good for u) anything that can unnaturally affect your blood sugar...

hope this helps!!

Ketchup does not contain any coloring nor does beef. Tomatoes are naturally red and the grocery stores use special lighting to make beef appear redder. Meats such as ham retain their pink color after cooking because of nitrates were added (not a food color). Red food color however is present in other foods. Food coloring does not change the color of your skin. However, a large amount of orange vegetables may turn your skin slightly orange.

I am also having the red ear problem. I believe it is the body's way of trying to cool off by releasing heat through an area of very thin skin (the ear). Some desert animals also use this method.

I've been getting chills during the day so I dress warmer and this may have something to do with it. I'm also three weeks pregnant and the ear problem has persisted the past few days.

ME TO I FEEL LIKE THAT~

Wow, you obviously have never picked up a ketchup bottle. Please don't post up your unfounded 2 cents unless you are somewhat competent. Ketchup and beef both have dyes in them to look more appealing....as do some fruits, like strawberries. And also, people can have allergies to foods without dyes as well. The person above you clearly said food allergies and sensitives....not limited to food dyes. Please at least research JUST a little before giving yourself an honorary medical degree, because making up random things make you sound less intelligent than you already are.

It is probally your body dumping adrenalin or noradrenalin that was created by your blood vessels relaxing and thus increasing the volume of blood being pumped. Certain medications can also producce this effect.

It's red ear syndrome (RES)
Quite a rare disease
Not so dangerous