I am a male, 16 years old and I am still a virgin. But I felt something down there a couple of days ago so I went to the doctor and urologist as well. It seems that I have a yeast infection and I don't know how, since I was sure that this can only be transmitted with sex...Guess that I am wrong. Anyway, I am skeptical about antibiotics and I really don't want to use them so far away, if there is no need for it. So, are there some home remedies for a yeast infection for male virgin? I repeat, - it is not definitely an STD. 

Hi Guest,

Anyone can get a yeast infection.  You don't have to have sex to do so.  It's not a bacterial infection so antibiotics won't help.  It's fungal.  Are you uncircumcised?  This is much more common in an uncircumcised male.

You can try washing with a mild soap and thoroughly cleaning under your foreskin.  You need to keep the area dry too.  Lotramin, an over the counter medication can usually help..

Hope it helps.

Hey. I was so sure that I can get yeast infection only by having a sex. At least, my friends were telling me this and somehow I believed that this is true. No, I am not circumcised.Should I be in order to prevent this? I mean, I don't want that, but if this is an only solution, what to do? When it comes to my hygiene, I am really careful about this. I am washing it all the time and I do clear under my foreskin as well. Now, I am not sure if this area dry, I can't swear. Maybe that was a mistake? And where I can get this Lotrimin? Should I have a doctors prescription to buy it? Thx a lot, I am less scared now...

Celebrity

The best cure for a male virgin to treat yeast infection is Oxonated olive oil. It is basically something like a cream and it is very effective. To apply it, you should first wash your hands and then, you should warm one tablespoon of the ozonated olive oil. While you warming it up, it is going to turn into the cream so you can apply it easily. The cream should be a room temperature, so you can apply it and hold in your hands. Put it before you go to the bed. You should leave it there for 20 hours. The good thing is that there is no irritation. 

Remedies for the boys and girls are pretty much the same. I think that there is no huge difference. For example, you can eat plenty of frozen yogurt in order to bacteria that live in yogurt are attacking dangerous fungi and yogurt is getting rid of them. Garlic is an amazing and you can use it always! Also, you can always prepare a healthy bath.  When you have filled your bathtub with water, add 1 cup of common salt and let it dissolve for some time, usually for 10 minutes. After that, lie in this water and relax. Repeat this often. 

it doesn't have to be an std. you are not the first or the last boy who has this problem. you should know that yeast infection has nothing to do with the fact are you virgin or not. but as you have this issue, I would recommend you to see your doctor and let him do some tests. just for you to know what this is and why this happened to you. I know what I am saying because I had it and the doctor gave me a pill called Diflucan. maybe it is just a bacterial infection, which would be good because in that case, it's easy to treat. STD's are not as easy to treat, and many are not curable but this yeast infection is.

trust me bro, the good diet program can resolve your headaches very soon. I got the yeast infection and of course, like all the other boys who never had any sexual experience I believed that this is a mistake because this can't happen to me - I am a virgin. then my doctor explained to me that I don't have to be sexually active to get a yeast infection. he told me that I should avoid alcohol for a while, he told me that I need to cut out the sugar and that I will be surprised. trust me, it was exactly like he told me. no creams, no antibiotics, no pain....just make some changes in your eating plan and menu and everything is going to be ok. greetings.

Celebrity
I agree. It is not a classical diet program, where you don't eat anything but several ingredients. Because, this is a first thing that people do think when someone tells them that they are on the diet program, which is fake information. It is balanced, clean way of eating. And I also agree that everyone should consider this, especially the ladies who generally do have problems with their vagina, infections, etc. I think that chocolate and sugar can cause more damage than you can imagine. Also, all of that advice with apple cider vinegar can help you solve your problems, it won't ruin your health at all.

The main problem is because a lot of young guys don't believe that they are infected with this type of infection because they are not sexually active. So, they just let it go. Anyway, you should know that there are so many different factors that can actually impact changes in the levels of yeast vs. bacteria. It grows, it causes complications, but this is quite normal because a lot of young boys are affected by it and it is treatable. I suggest not to experiment with it, but go to visit your doctor and let him prescribe the best cure for you.  

at least, treating options for male yeast infection are available and not so expensive, so you should not be that worried about. you can use coconut oil as well. with all benefits, it will chase away yeast infection pretty soon. sure, you can't apply it like ladies can, but here is what I did - I was eating coconut oil. Three spoons every day, before my meals. it is tasty actually, and it was not a problem for me since I love everything that has a coconut in it. sure, this coconut oil has to be pure and virgin, this is the only one you should use indeed. I am eating it for two years and I never had any sign of yeast infection because of it.