Hello everyone. When I was at the pool today, I have heard to girls talking about some their friend who is in the hospital at this moment and she couldn’t be there with them on their trip. Since I have heart issue, I started to listen what they were talking – I know, it is not nice but I just couldn’t stop listen to them. It looks like that their friend has cardiomegaly. I don’t know what this is. I even write it down on my phone to remember it. Can you tell me what this is and who can get it?

Hey there. I don’t know why, but I think that everyone can get it. When I say everyone, I mean people who have a lot of possibilities to get any of the heart diseases. Actually, this is an enlarged heart. An enlarged heart may not pump blood effectively, and this usually leads to certain heart failures. Cardiomegaly may improve over time. But most people with an enlarged heart need lifelong treatment with medications. So, if you are diagnosed with it, you will be treated with medications and if you treat it properly, like your doctor told you, you should not be scared.

Hey there. I would like to give you and everyone who might have this diagnose – find the best treatment option that you can and you will see that everything is going to be ok. Like someone already told you, I think that everyone can get it. But treatment is the main! Cardiomegaly treatment usually depends on the cause but there are medications that can help prevent any further enlargement of the heart muscle. If you are controlling your blood pressure, if you exercise enough, those are the best ways to treat it. I believe that this also an help you in the prevention.

Hey there guys. Well, thank you! I am really grateful for this site, because it helped me in almost every issue. Now, I am not diagnosed with it as you could read, but of course that I am scared that I might be diagnosed someday. I don't know how even you can recognize this issue, what are the symptoms of it? I believe that you need to feel something if you  have enlarged heart, right? Or I am wrong? And I was sure that people who have more chances to get any heart diseases are in the risk of getting this...

Hello. Of course that people who have weaker heart and who have more chances to get any of heart issues can get cariomegaly as well. I have it and I had arrhythmia before it. I suppose that this was one of the main factors why I get it. Now, my heart is enlarged. Of course that you have some symptoms that are the main indicators. Those symptoms usually are chest pain, shortness of breath, nausea and dizziness, and in this case your heart is not pumping the blood like it should. It can be very serious condition so consult your doctor about any symptom that you have.