Dear Friends, 
I am writing this, six days into my Subutex withdrawal period to offer you my experience with my own current withdrawal process.  I am a 27 year old female.  I was on Subutex for nearly three years and it did make me feel normal and kept me away from ever wanting to use (oxycodone) again.  I Started out at 16 mg a day, dropped to 8 mg pretty quick, and started weening this last year a little bit at a time.  My weening process was truly not bad at all.  In all actuality, I hardly noticed any time that I dropped because I did so, so slowly.  It wasn't until this last month that I began feeling any sign of WD from weening, and I found myself down to one last pill a few weeks ago and took my last bread crumb piece on Friday morning (05/27/11).  I am not sure how much I was taking a day in the end, maybe somewhere around 1mg a day for the last several days.  I took three tiny pieces (from an 8 mg pill) a day except on this past Friday when I took my last bread crumb piece.  As with many of you, my Dr. was weening me so slowly that I could no longer bare it, and so I stocked up and weened on my own at home.  Now, for my WD experience...And I am going to list some of the things I did to help me out along the ride after, so read all the way through.

Friday: Last piece at 10am.  I went nearly completely into WD by that night.  I'd imagine that this is because I had weened down the few days before Friday, so that probably made my body WD quicker.  I had trouble sleeping that night, but I did get a few hours.
Saturday:  This was the scariest day for me.  I woke up and felt like I just couldn't get through, but I stayed the course.  My family practice Dr. prescribed me Clonidine for WD symptoms (beta-blocker that lowers your out-of-wack adrenal system and calms you a bit, helps with RLS, etc.)  I was taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen regularly too.  I didn't really have terrible stomach issues, but I did have cold sweats all day, muscle aches and that irritable feeling where a minute seems an hour and you are just wishing that you could get through this one day.  Hardly ate a thing, tried a smoothie that my fiance' made me and that helped.  Trouble sleeping that night too, but I still, again, got a few hours (3 or 4 on and off).  
Sunday: Woke up feeling a tiny bit better, I actually took a shower and went to church with my fiance' and 10 month old baby to seek prayer.  I felt so sluggish, like I had lead feet and was sweating terribly.  But I am glad I pushed myself to seek prayer and lifting up there at church.  I threw up once this day and took several hot bathes to help with the body aches.  They helped while I was in and a bit after I got out.  I took one tramadol, wish I didn't because it didn't do anything but maybe set me back.  I also took a xanax, which also did not do anything to help me sleep better.  Later in the day, I went in the car with my fiance' to take baby to mom's.  I also tried smoking some pot, which I NEVER otherwise do.  I am not sure if it helped or not, but I tried it again later on and man, I hated that feeling, just closed my eyes and tried to ride it out.  Didn't sleep much that night at all.  
Monday: I woke up 7:00am and looked at the sky in a new way.  I prayed my heart out for strength and Jesus answered.  I tried to watch television, went to get ice cream and stopped at the store (didn't drive) for waters and more B vitamins.  I even went to see a movie at the theatre with my fiance'.  It helped to take my mind of things, even though I was truly uncomfortable.  Still had trouble sleeping, I think I got maybe two hours in.
Tuesday:  I woke up and realized that I was feeling a bit better, a little anxious, irritable, and some body aches (man those are annoying!).  I laid around in the morning but couldn't sleep anymore.  I watched some evangelical TV and that made me feel a new sense of hope.  I prayed and prayed, and God was with me, comforting me.  I was eating better too.  My fiance' came home early from work (this was his first day back) and stayed with me that day.  He took me to Dr. appt. at 1pm and I got to ask my Dr. a bunch of questions.  He told me that it wasn't good to use immodium, tramadol or Xanax in this process, so I didn't use any of these anymore after this.  We really didn't go anywhere, I laid on the couch most of the day feeling crappy.  Night time was again, hard to sleep, but I got about 3 hours, which was awesome.
Wednesday:  I woke up 7:00am, still irritable, but the cold sweats were subsiding now and I just had that annoying achey body that makes you want to crawl out your skin, still it was nothing more than I could handle.  I prayed all morning for healing and read a Bible verse about a woman that has a mustard seed of faith and Jesus told her that it was her faith that healed her.  I again watched some evangelical TV and suddenly felt called to go outside and jog.  I needed to take a leap of faith, and that's just what I did.  While I was walking/jogging, I felt good.  I came back inside and hung on, prayed more and more, and felt myself gradually feeling better through the day.  By 3 pm, I left the house in my own car for the first time and I drove to the store, did some shopping and got some lunch.  Later on my fiance' took me to a restaurant and I ate pretty much.   I again had trouble sleeping and concentrating to do school work, but I got through it. 
Thursday:  Today is Thursday.  THis morning I woke up and walked around, made some oatmeal, and watched a movie.  I hardly even shifted on the couch the while movie!  I suddenly realized that I was feeling better and that time was no longer moving by seconds like days.  I feel inspired right now, because I can see that I am almost there!  I am hanging on and still feeling a little lethargic and some minor stomach issues and body aches, nothing that pepto and relaxation won't help!  I don't feel back to normal yet, but I don't feel so bad either.  

In the end, I can see that each day does get better once you get through the worst days (and as you saw, my worst days came quick!).  I am not hear to tell you what God has in store for you, but I do want to say that I know that my journey was made easier and my burden, lighter, through my reliance on God.  If you feel called to pray, than I think you should, because God holds true to his promises and Jesus is a healer and comforter who is waiting for you to take a leap of faith.  I was an addict just like you and God forgave me and lifted me up.  He wants to help you too.  

Some meds that I relied on: Clonidine (I took 1/2 tablet 4-5 times per day)
Pepto: Not too often did I need it, but it helped when I used it.
Tylenol and Ibuprofen as needed, couldn't really tell if it was helping until these last few days.
Vitamin B complex for energy.
I took one Xanax and 2 Ultrams also, but I do not recommend this as you want to let your body return to normal as much as possible on its own.  I am glad that I only took those on the two bad days because I may have hurt myself if I took them any longer.  I think that I may have felt worse after the Ultram subsided.  
My Dr. told me not to use Immodium b/c it is an opiate based formula which could set me back, so I tried it once, didn't do anything different from Pepto, so that was it, no more of that. 

YOU CAN DO THIS!  I WAS ON SUBUTEX FOR 3 YEARS AND DID IT.  MAN, MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY FIANCE' IS SO MUCH BETTER AND I FEEL SO STRONG AND RESILIENT RIGHT NOW.  GOD IS ALREADY BLESSING ME IN WAYS I NEVER IMAGINED.  SOMETIMES GOD'S PLANS FOR YOUR LIFE ARE BIGGER THAN THE PLANS YOU HAD FOR YOURSELF, REMEMBER THAT.  LET GO OF THE WORLD AND HOLD ON TO SOMETHING HEAVENLY. YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY BE DIFFERENT, BUT I GIVE YOU MINE TO OFFER HOPE, YOU CAN DO IT TOO.  HOLD FAST, DON'T LET GO.  YOU'RE GOING TO COME OUT ON THE OTHER SIDE STRONGER AND HAPPY, NO MEDS REQUIRED. 

-THANKGOD

It's now Thursday night (day 6) and I am doing awesome.  Went to class, took notes, ate pizza (what!, I know right!).  Just feel a bit achey is all.  Other than that, I am smiling again and not anxious.  I will update my status as I continue on this journey.  Still praying all the time.  God says He gives us strength when our own strength isn't enough.  MAN IS THAT TRUE.  

It is now Sunday night and the days are getting better.  I have more energy, enough to get up and out of the house and to walk around.  My motivation is still somewhat shattered, but hanging with people you love/like help.  My fiance' helps me by giving me understanding and comfort when I am feeling down and I am lucky for that.  I hope that you have someone that can help hold down the house/family while you are going through this also.  One of the biggest issues I have now is lack of sleep.  I keep reading that this is an all too common problem with Sub WD, so I guess I must pay the piper.  I am trying trazodone tonight for the first time (along with my clonidine) and I will let you know what happens tomorrow.  I have found that getting out of the house and finding things that can take your mind off of what you are going through is the perfect way to get through.  The time goes by faster and the days don't seem so drawn out.  I have no desire to use right now, so I know that I am almost there.  I just have to get my sleep cycle back and I think I will be just about back to normal, as I know sleep deprivation makes the WD's seem worse.  I can go through most of the day feeling good and then when night comes around I get a bit nervous.  I am giving it to God, He knows what he's doing and he won't let me fail.  Best of luck to all of you.  Update soon

It's now Monday morning-afternoon (11:30am).  I took the Trazodone last night around 10:15pm and I slept wonderfully for the first time in nearly two weeks.  I woke up a few times through the night, but I fell right back to sleep!  If you are going to take trazodone, I recommend laying down about 15-20 minutes after taking it so that you may better fall out as soon as it kicks in.  I missed falling asleep when it kicked in, but I feel asleep about 45 minutes after, which is fine with me!  I awoke at 3::30, right back out, 5:30, right back out, 8:00 (to my fiance' leaving for work), I actually got up here and used bathroom, drank some water and then laid back down at 9:00am and feel out again until 10:30, right back out until 11:15am.  So even 12 hours after the Trazodone, it was still helping me sleep.  That and prayer.  I pray the prayer, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall want..."  Psalm 23, over and over in my head when I lay down.  I know that every day is better.  I can't wait to cross the finish line.  Glory be to God.  God is still hoping that you will call out to him too.  I felt called to let you know that.  Update soon.

awesome and thank you for the post of strength hope and inspiration. did you lose hair while on sub?

you are try an amazing woman. I have been on subutex and/or suboxone for several years nows I use it for pain management for multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia. however I cut it back in half as I was on 32 mg. I am now on 12 mg. I would like to be off it however I found when I was lowering the dose I became depressed. Did you find yourself getting depressed and if so did it go away in time? I pray and I am in a bible study weekly. I constantly ask jesus for help and I know he listens. God Bless you and your family. Great message you gave.

if i can hve the days you had about the way u felt and for how long i would do it now but i just dnt no as yet. but going to do it been taken subutex now for 2 half yrs. not looking forward to it at all. but glad ur off them good luke.

thank you so much for sharing,i really needed this ive been on subbies for 4yrs&this past year been tapering down&suffered all the way,im now down to 1ml,considering jumping off that now as tapering just draws out the pain for longer?ive a 2yr old girl thats why its took me so long to come of these as i suffer bad with withdrawls,plus my daughter in law has given in she has a 7month old baby and couldnt cope with the withdrawls no more&went bak onto 0.2!because also weve been searching the internet for 2 yrs to find some positive storys about getting off these horrible pills they dont warn you about,and we havnt seen one positive story coz no one cud get off them?but now this morning ive seen 2 truly amazing storys,i want to be where you 2 are at,im already seeing light at the end of the tunnel,past 4yrs ive had serious health complications,depression&severe anxiety&i now know its all coz of subutex,they dont warn you&im with a drugs project that know me&my daughter in law are suffering bad with our 2 small children&they dont care or help&we r on drug screening as we are ex addicts&have small children so we cant take pain killers or zanax or valium which would be great for a week or 2 or they will take our kids off us&say weve relapsed so i have to go through withdrawls raw!im meant to pik up a script today but im already down to 1ml will i just not pik up my script&come off this now,like take no more here on?im confident&happy now to know the worst of wd will only last a week or so as oppose to months&months as i was told before,thank god thats all i can say i was getting scared ill be on these forever/as im a single parent&my little girls needs come first,so thank you again for letting me know&A BIG CONGRATULATIONS FOR COMING OFF THESE DEADLY PILLS!Your life will change so much for the better! nessa from the u.k. xxxx

i was on 32mgs to start with&then went down to 16mgs after i had my little girl,then went down 2mls at a time,but suffered too much,then went bak up again&then a year ago a friend told me im dropping too dramatically&only drop 0.4 every few weeks,5 0.4s makes a 2mg,so i know its slow but ive spent all year tapering down really slow&i will admit aches,cold sweats&serious depression&anxiety i had to go on anti-depressants past 6months but i halfed the dose they want me on,subutex messed up my liver,my teeth,my bones&my lungs&thyroid,but most of all ive had such bad depression,anxiety&paranoia i thought it was me going mad?but now ive weaned down i may be in discomfort&pain but my moods lifted i see light at the end of the tunnel,im not so anxious&have realized that the past 4 yrs of staying at home ill&depressed is all coz of subbies&im so looking forward to end result as i jumping off this 1mg tomorow&im already seeing the light&feeling great mentally,you see subutex dampens everything&blocks everything feelings,pain,good stuff good luck! depression will lift as you cut down but do expect bit of discomfort but if you allowed to take zanax,tylenol you will be just fine,nessa u.k. xxx